Thread: Hotmail finally did it...

Hotmail finally did it...

Hotmail is finally upgrading their free accounts from the usual 2mb of space to 250 mb.

Dear MSNĀ® HotmailĀ® Member:

As a valued MSN Hotmail Member, you will receive your storage upgrade automatically in the coming days. Over the month of August we will upgrade the storage capacity of your e-mail account to 250 MB - that's 125 times your current storage limit! We will also increase your attachment size from 1MB to 10MB. This means you will be able to store and attach more than ever and it's free!

Now there is no speculation its finally gonna happen, not that it really matters though cause being in a forum full of techie nerds most of us should have our own email servers somewhere or other
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Yeah, I'm thinking of running a server off one of my boxes. Dunno yet, but yeah sounds good. I use hotmail so this sounds pretty good.
    Space For Rent.. =]

w00t I have 2 hotmail accounts which I only check once every 20-25 days so it doesn't get suspended on me . Gotta take all my junk subscritions somewhere . For everything else, go go gmail

so whats it take to get a referral to some gmail around these parts wink wink
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Yah... i got me a Hotmail ACC... and it is always killed with spam and garbage.... but 250 MBs that is awsome that is huge to...

Of course they were always going to give it 250meg. so long as they have some competition they have to keep up... or they'll end up getting further and further behind

Space isn't an issue with me. It's not like I'm mr. popularity or whatever.
    Space For Rent.. =]

even if u were mr. popular...u still wouldnt need that much space. Hotmail is just trying to keep up with the big guys, never used hotmail and probably wont...i got my sbc accounts with 2 gb space + a yahoo account and am lookin forward to having a Gmail account too, i think hotmail will expand the size capacity even for in the near future, just a feelin i have