Thread: Website Security

It's a gas!

Website Security

Ive recently thrown together a website to sell a product ive designed.
    Since im a total newb to web design i would appreciate if anyone could advise on security measures to implement on my website.

Ive designed the site with *cough*Frontpage*cough* and am using a company to host the site.

I decided on this due to reliability, as if, for any reason, my box went down the site would obviously go down.

Thanks in advance for any advise given

Creating a good website: Encryption : http://www.leafdigital.com/class/topics/security/6.html

You might also wanna read some things on SSH: http://www.canadaone.com/ezine/tech/tip23.html

It's a gas!
    Thanks for the advise.
    Ive been a *nix user for some time now so im aware of the advantages of SSH, ive used it many times before.

As i said i used Frontpage to design the site and as you probably know there is a _private folder used to store html files not to be displayed until certain conditions have been met.
    My question is how to make sure that once a user has a URL of a "private" web page they cannot enter that URL into a browser and bypass the normal procedure for accessing that page?

Shouldn't you be using javascript ? Make a webpage, like for example, if a user didnt fill out all the info the javascript recognizes that and when he clicks submit or whtever he get an error page. If he fills out everything, he gets the right page.

ANd it's spelled advice

Im not that much of a Javascript programmer, but i think you could do it that way, wait for a few more responses from valhallen or somebody, he's a good web desginer, im sure he can help you out !

It's a gas!
    I appreciate your advice but if i wanted a dictionary i'd buy one!

Sounds to me like you don't know what you're talking about.

p.s. It's spelt not spelled!