Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep getting "NETWORK AREA CONEECTION CABLE UNPLUGGED"

Unhappy Keep getting "NETWORK AREA CONEECTION CABLE UNPLUGGED"

Goodday

This message keep flashing on my lower right hand corner of my screen.
    " Network Area Connection 2 , Network Cable Unplugged"
    But the strange thing is, i am still able to surf the net while it states Unplugged.

How do i remove the message?

And recently, i have some trouble sending and receiving mail from outlook express.
    ocassionally....

Could it be some form of virus attack ?....

Thanks.

Here is a list of software running. PLease tell me which one could be a virus. Or Spyware.
    Or any unneccessary software.

smss.exe
    csrss.exe
    winlogon.exe
    services.exe
    lsass.exe
    SahAgent.exe
    svchost.exe
    CCSETMGR.EXE
    CCEVTMGR.EXE
    Spoolsv.exe
    svchost.exe
    NAVAPSVC.EXE
    NPROTECT.EXE
    SAVSCAN.EXE
    regsvc.exe
    mstask.exe
    symlcsvc.exe
    Winmgmt.exe
    svchost.exe
    explorer.exe
    wupdater.exe
    CCAPP.EXE
    rundll32.exe
    CMESys.exe
    GMT.exe
    MSMN.EXE
    mmod.exe
    Taskmgr.exe
    Datemanager.exe
    Precision TIme.exe
    svchost.exe
    OPSCAN.EXE
    Will to Learn
    javascript:myimagepopup(300,400,\'\')

sahagent - sahagent.exe - Process Information

Process File: sahagent or sahagent.exe
    Process Name: Sahagent
    Description: Application that collects and combines user Internet browsing behavior and sends it to ShopAtHomeSelect servers.
    Company: ShopAtHomeSelect.com
    System Process: No
    Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): Yes
    Common Errors: N/A

datemanager - datemanager.exe - Process Information

Process File: datemanager or datemanager.exe
    Process Name: Date Manager
    Description: Date Manager is a well-designed system tray calendar with a reminder facility. It also installs some adware along with it. Adware software communicates back to an advertising server and displays advertisements as you are browsing the Internet.
    Company: The Gator Corporation
    System Process: No
    Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): Yes
    Common Errors: N/A

from:http://www.liutilities.com/products/...rary/sahagent/

Precision TIme.exe

Looks like you have some spyware running. I would recomend downloading a couple spyware removal tools, updating them, then running them and see if that removes them. Also, update your antivirus software and run a full system scan.
    Ben Franklin said it best. \"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

The Iceman Cometh
    This message keep flashing on my lower right hand corner of my screen.
    " Network Area Connection 2 , Network Cable Unplugged"
    But the strange thing is, i am still able to surf the net while it states Unplugged.
    I suspect that you are connected to the Internet via "Network Area Connection" and then when the "Network Area Connection 2" flashes, it's simply telling you that another connection is lost. It sounds like the "Connection 2" is a wireless connection and it keeps picking up and dropping a wireless connection in your area. If you want to get rid of the message, just go to "Network Connections", right click the "Network Area Connection 2" and click "Disable".

As for the other problem, try running a virus scan (make sure it's using update definitions) and a scan for spyware using Ad-aware or Spybot S&D or something similar. I don't recognize some of the processes you're running, so it may be something. It also may not. Also, you can type any of the processes you listed into google and it'll come up with a page telling you what the process is and whether you should be concerned or not.

AJ

The Network Area Connection 2 , Network Cable Unplugged mean that your network card is not plugged in. If your using a dial up modem and the computer has a network card than this is the norm, and its not spyware or a virus. You may also get this is you have two network cards in the computer, or the drivers loaded twice for the network card. Quick way to disable it is go to your network connections (start-settings-control panel-network connections), find which connection isn't active and uncheck the box that says display status. Let me know if that got rid of it.

And also check this lsass.exe (5th item from top) because it is idetified as sasser worm on microsoft's site. and you may need to download and install patch for it from their site. It may solve your problem with outlook express.
    It\'s all about sense of power.

The Iceman Cometh
    And also check this lsass.exe (5th item from top) because it is idetified as sasser worm on microsoft's site.
    lsass.exe is actually the Local Security Authority Server Process. It ensures that user logons to systems are legitimate. It has something to do with the winlogon process. lsasss.exe (notice the extra 's') is the sasser worm. Just FYI.

AJ

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    If you want to really get a good sense of what's running, use this tool and post the results here.

http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

Also, to dump the identified at home shopping crap, download this and run it.

http://www.download.com/Spybot-Searc...ubj=dl&tag=but

After that, you should be in better shape, spyware wise, than you are now.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Hi,

I think that sunflowergirl has a good solution, but I don't have a Windows 2000 box running to test it on.

In XP Pro it may not work, I have a 10/100 card installed but the box is not on a network at the moment, and I get the little icon with a red "X" on it in the system tray (botton right hand corner). It does not flash in XP, but the message is similar. The "display status" box is UNCHECKED, but it still appeared.

To remove it I had to disable the connection itself (using the software option, not physically), rather than just the notification.

Just a thought

Let me add my two cents on the spyware thing...I would definitely recommend AdAware. Best spyware-removal tool that there is, period. Download it from http://lavasoft.de

For my netowrk connection im trying to get my labtop connected to my desktop PC my desktop's LAN driver is built into the motherboard and yes its installed and my labtop is using a network card. My computer keeps saying that my local area connection: a network cabler is unplugged and its plugged directly into it I dont understand it?? I ran a hijackthis log and here it is anyone help please ASAP.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
    Scan saved at 3:56:48 PM, on 12/10/2004
    Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsPMSPSv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTHELPER.EXE
    C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
    C:\Documents and Settings\Melissa\My Documents\HijackThis.exe

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
    O2 - BHO: RUPK - {604B283A-4E26-4504-98E7-72859F949547} - C:\PROGRA~1\HITWAR~1\sypcms.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WINDVDPatch] CTHELPER.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Jet Detection] "C:\Program Files\Creative\SBLive\PROGRAM\ADGJDet.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CTStartup] C:\Program Files\Creative\Splash Screen\CTEaxSpl.EXE /run
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\System32\\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
    O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
    O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
    O16 - DPF: {10000000-1000-0000-1000-000000000000} - file://C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\setup.exe
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/s...sh/swflash.cab
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{85468B10-CA8B-443A-B2E5-2990B9ECDB3F}: NameServer = 199.224.86.16 199.224.64.20

Thanks