Thread: Novell 2.31 password

Novell 2.31 password

Hi folks,
    forgetting the password (pw) is one of the main problems when not using the pc every day. Although the pw under Novell 2.31 expires every 90th day I often have problems with it due to my sillyness ;-). Once having forgotten it, I always would have to contact the guys from my company's central server office. As this is quite embarrassing for me, I am looking for a way to avoid this contact. Does anyone of you know a program, routine or something like that to make the login easier and I can login whenever I want to without using a pw?

Please never mind my bad English, but it's neither my nor my mother's language ;-)
    Hoping for useful answers I am always
    yours

Seelenauge.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    There are plenty of password management programs out there that will hold your password in an encrypted file. Use one of those and put the file on a removable media.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Ideas:

1. pencil and paper
    2. a keychain password tool. It is a small electric device that attaches to your keychain and stores your passwords.

Other than that, memory improvement would solve it. And is it just me, or does this seem a bit fishy in regards to him wanting something to not help remember the password, but bypass it all together?(and we all know that I usually give things like this a chance... but...)

novell 2.31? Man its pretty old.

You cant do that you want by a regular way.
    You can break netware security (until 3.x), but i wont teach you about this.
    So use a paper.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    And is it just me, or does this seem a bit fishy in regards to him wanting something to not help remember the password, but bypass it all together?
    Thus the responses that have been given..... We can all pat ourselves on the back for showing the appropriate restraint and providing methods to cure the source of the problem rather then to circumvent the problem all together.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    NOTE TO SELF.....

Don't feed the bears....errr...uummm....trolls
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Where I work we once had a Novell 3.11 server...

The main problem was that the console password never asked for verification, so was prone to typing errors! This was easily overcome by use of the supervisor password. This was a god send for us as too many people (in my opinion) had console access.

I would suggest, as everyone else has done, that you should remember your password. I appreciate that repetition is the mother of succes here, as you suggested. With this in mind I would suggest you log on as the supervisor every day, even if it is so you remember the password.

Another suggestion is to have another supervisor equivalent, just in case the supervisor account gets locked. We used to keep the password for the supervisor account in a sealed, signed, and dated envelope in our on site media safe. This served three purposes:

1) It could be used in emergencies, i.e. when supervisor equivalent account became locked.

2) It meant that the supervisor account was not in regular use.

3) It maintained business continuity, i.e. if we were all wiped out simultaneously there was a means for someone else to take over.

Maybe you just need a memory upgrade?
    Tomorrow is another day for yesterdays work!