Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Members in Florida?

Members in Florida?

So how many of us are in Florida, and how many of us are making storm preparations today? I'm just south of Jacksonville, so pretty much directly in the line of fire for Charley. Right now I'm doing laundry so that if I'm out of electricity, at least we'll have clean clothes to wear. Everything that isn't in the wash is in Rubbermaid containers so if we get wind damage or trees down, at least stuff will still be dry...unless it blows away. When my son gets out of school and my husband gets off work, I'm going to my parents house...they only live about 45 minutes from us, and are still in the direct line of the storm, but at least we'll all be together and know that we're all okay.

Anyone else affected?
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

er0k
    i was in panama city a few days ago, and they were putting support boards on the palm trees, **** like that..

Good Luck Deb (and everyone in the storms path), hope everything ends safely for you.

Cheers:
    DjM

Screw the trees, I'm more worried about my house blowing over, not the trees.

Seriously...the part of Florida I live in is more Live oak trees and pine trees, so that's a big part of the reason I'm leaving my house. We are surrounded by trees, which is great for keeping the house cooler in the summer time, but when you have lots of rain like we're going to have, sandy soil like I have, and large trees, 75 mph winds aren't going to have a good affect. I just don't want to get stuck in my house cause there's a tree on top of me.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

We got hammered with rain almost a month ago (8 inches in a few hours) and people are still cleaning up. Hopefully you don't get hit.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

BANNED
    I'm originally from St. Simon's Island. My dad and the rest of that side of my family still live in Brunswick, GA. Hopefully my grandmother and uncles and aunts will be allright.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Wow, I've never actually met someone who was from St. Simons!

BANNED
    I was born at the hospital in glynn county because they don't have a hospital on St. Simons Island. Spent the first half of my life their and plan to go back to see my family soon. Haven't seen them in 9 years.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Heh, if I was from St. Simons, I don't think you'd be able to drag me away with a team of wild horses. It's so beautiful.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Good luck to all in those extreme weather conditions ...

Let's face it, Mother Nature owns us all big time ....
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby