Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AntiOnline Newsletters available for browsing without PDF

albn

AntiOnline Newsletters available for browsing without PDF

If you wish to browse the AntiOnline Newsletters, you can see them without having to download them.

http://www.anotherlamesite.com/modul...ticles&secid=1

I am asking MsMittens for the other Newsletters in the original format so I do not need to extract them from the PDF formats. It seems from 7-13 they have been encrypted since the site was taken over by JupMan. If this is a no-no, then JupMan will tell me.

I was saying how AO can be improved, so now I am acting on improving users experience.

Otherwise, enjoy.

Well. Presentation is not perfect (lines seems too short), but I'm happy anyway. I didn't like to bother downloading those pdf.

Thanks, albn.

w00t w00t.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

albn
    I noticed the same thing. Once I get the orginals from MsMittens, it will be fixed... hopefully. Thanks anyway. hehe

This is a great idea dude. I never wanted to download them either, browsing them on the net is a good idea and I have finally read one now heh

Have you got permission from the original authors to do this? They might not like you redistributing their work without their consent.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

albn
    Have you got permission from the original authors to do this? They might not like you redistributing their work without their consent.
    I asked MsMittens and she said it was OK... however, since JupMedia employs her, whatever anybody writes belongs to them... I have no idea if that is a no no or not. I guess the road to hell is paved with good intentions. If I am not allowed, I will gladly take it down and say that was a good idea.

That's not quite the case, quoting from a PM with intmon when I asked about this issue some time ago:

Authors who submit material for the AO newsletter grant JM a perpetual unlimited right to publish the postings/articles on our Web site and lists and to distribute to newsletter recipients, and we maintain the copyright to the overall newsletter with all the postings/articles and other info. Similarly, the author retains a perpetual unlimited copyright on their own work of course. This way everyone is covered.
    So really you should ask both JM and the authors before you do anything.

I'm not saying it's not a nice/useful/well intentioned idea, but not asking beforehand (or at least attempting to contact the authors) is somewhat unethical and could land you in legal trouble.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I don't know well american intellectual property laws, but I think it's a right which cannot be circumvert in any modern democracy. So, MsMitten authorization must prevail on JupM "perpetual unlimited right to publish the postings/article" (please note they don't speak about any right to prevent somebody else to publish).
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    So, MsMitten authorization must prevail on JupM "perpetual unlimited right to publish the postings/article"
    Yes but as was pointed above, the individual authors have the right to refuse and should probably be asked (at the very least for courtesy). Granted I never thought of that immediately (thanks for reminding me pwaring).

A simple PM to them shouldn't take too long (given that there were a few repeat authors IIRC).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I have a huge problem with it Jack. Why in the hell would you ever think that I wouldn't have a problem with you taking an article I have written and convert it from pdf to HTML? And who the hell do you think you are trying to take something I have written and, while keeping my name with any articles I may have written, putting them on your site which in turn makes them easier to access for us memebers due to the fact they are now in HTML format and broadning peoples minds to other forums so that maybe they can stop being a post whore on here and take it to your site wherepost whoring is perfectly fine. You should be ashamed of yourself Jack.

For those of you who didn't catch the sarcasm practically dripping off the page, I was only kidding.
    Don\'t be a bitch! Use Slackware.