Thread: Ultimate AntiOnline Survival Kit

Ultimate AntiOnline Survival Kit

Hello all, ain't this something? Two tutorial's in two days? Anyways, I got the idea for this one while trying to fall asleep and I figured why not, it'll help the new member's who NEED to read certain elements of the site and whatnot in order to not get banned or taken wrongly. So I came up with this -- a tutorial/reference kit for the new member's (and old, I guess..). Hope yah enjoy and for those looking for my Part Two to my other tutorial: It's on it's way and should be finished sometime this upcoming weekand.

Welcome to AntiOnline!

So you've just joined the infamous AntiOnline and you're excited. You heard from a friend or from google (or even from that 1337 hax0r magazine) that AntiOnline was the shiznit. You heard you can learn alot of useful, valuable, and important information concerning Computer Security and the subjects alike. Now that you've signed up, you want to begin posting and talking to other security-minded professionals. However, you don't want to sound like an idiot. You scroll down the page and see that dreaded "Close to Being Banned" list and you don't wanna be on that nor the one below it. Ahh, that's where Mr. Spyder32 comes in Below I provide to you, ALL you need to read to "fit in" at AntiOnline and survive here without being attacked by the mob of angry senior member's and then banned in the process. Hope you take the time to read EACH AND EVERY LINK below as they will help you to not get banned, get around, etc at AntiOnline.

What To Read Before Posting!

* Original AntiOnline FAQ

* New AntiOnline FAQ

* Newbies, Please Read This First by KapperDog

* Asking Smart Questions by pwaring

* Using AntiOnline's Feature's by Ennis

* Quick Tips Archive

* Unofficial Guide to AntiOnline and Netiquette by Valhallen

* A note to the newbies by allenb1963

* Unwritten AntiOnline Rules by VictorKaum

* New member's - Wrong Posts Tutorial by -DaRk- -RaiDeR-

Now that you've read all of the above, here's a few articles you need to read before posting a tutorial.

What To Read Before Posting A Tutorial!

* Read Me First!!! by intmon

* Read Me First by Negative

Copyright Law and related laws contained in Title 17 of the United States Code by souleman

* What to avoid when writing a tutorial by TigerShark

Ahh, you should survive now.. Hopefully your journey and travel's during your time at AO are long and prosperous. By reading and abiding by the above, chances are you'll be here for awhile and will enjoy your time. Hope you enjoyed!
    Space For Rent.. =]

So you basicly took almost every Sticky from every forum and made a thread full with links ? And here i though i was gonna read something new that i haven't in those Stickies yet, maybe the admins should change the Stickies font to red or bold or bold red so that newbies don't overlook them when they visit the forums !

Hey MemorY, what's up man? Anyways.. not every newbie was banned numerous times and reads the stickies/FAQ's like you do/did. Half of them don't read them at all, I'm just trying to encourage them to read the above posts and combine them into what I called the "Ultimate AO Survival Kit". If they read the above, they'll be well off on AO and won't end up like you.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Old Fart
    Spy....you've been here long enough to know that a TUTORIAL is supposed to be an ORIGINAL composition, which this is clearly not.....
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Uhm, how is this not an original composition? Show your proof that I copy and pasted this, I'd love to see this one..

BTW: I was aiming for this to be moreso a sticky in the tutorials forum than a tutorial itself, similiar to TigerShark's, Neg's, etc. But yeah..
    Space For Rent.. =]

Old Fart
    An AntiOnline Tutorial - The way it should be - er0k

Alright, lately alot of AO newbs have been posting tutorials that

1. aren't tutorials at all

2. are copied from another site or another location and aren't there own

3. Are incredibly short and uniformative

4. are just a list full of links

5. Aren't even computer related, I saw some tutorial that was gratified that had just like 50 links to the home page of news companies in other countries

6. Just aren' what AO expects when you write a tutorial.
    Read it here.

I'm pretty sure #4 applies in this case.....
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Alright allen, guess I shouldn't have done it. I really wanted it to be a sticky instead, but didn't know Anyways, thanks for the hard, yet contructive and truthful critisizim. To those that negged me: you're right, it sucked. I'm not a tutorial writer and I guess I don't learn well either. I shoulda learned from past tutorials that writing isn't for me. Thanks again..
    Space For Rent.. =]

maybe once you sign up you should be taken to a page with all these links on them before you actually get taken to the AO mainpage and have the ability to post ..

Banned
    If this thread/the replies don't make sense anymore, that's because I cleaned out the thread...

er0k
    heh no worries spyder, my tut that allenb1963 was a sticky for a long time in the tutorials forum, but for some reason it no longer is. so in my opinion it seems it is rather difficult to get your tut to be a sticky or something. blah blah yadda yadda.