Thread: c++ encryption programs

c++ encryption programs

Im currently a part-time tutor of a subject in my university called Authentication and System security that basically covers things like industry standard encryption algorithms, firewalls, viruses, snmp etc.....

Over the summer break Im going to probably start developing some simple encryption programs. Can anyone suggest some good websites to get some c++ programming projects off that involve developing security algorithms ??

Cheers

also, if anyone has done any past c++ projects covering security algorithm development, PM me

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Well, I'm still in the process of learning C++ now, but I can tell you that it's not a good idea to post your email address on the internet. It makes it easier for spam to reach you. Instead you could ask people to PM you... Just thought I would warn you...
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

This site may help you, it did help me when i was learning C++

www.cprogramming.com
    cpp-home.com/index

And also you can look out for programmersheaven.

Further just look at source code of some open source encryption programme, It will help u look at ways of algorithm.
    It\'s all about sense of power.

Well many encryption softwares for Linux [and not only] come with source code. Look around on http://sourceforge.net for projects involving encryption and cryptographic systems. Further on, IIRC GnuPG comes with source code, most of it [if not all] in C/C++. That's pretty much everything you'll need when it comes to algorithms
    /\\

maybe this is not what u request..

other than online reference, i suggest to use these 2 books for ur tutoring;
    1. William Stallings, Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practices, 3rd Edition, Prentice Hall, 2003.
    2.Charles P. Pfleeger and Shari Lawrence Pfleeger, "Security in Computing, Third Edition", Prentice Hall PTR, 02 December, 2002.

easy to understand books for beginner..

BANNED
    For just about any source code you need there's
    www.pscode.com
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...