Thread: NS problems

NS problems

being as i havn't seen a post in any forum in almost an hour and my AOL connection will not resolve ant URLs i was wondering if there is a DoS of name servers going on or if there is something wrong with my AOL connection?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

The Iceman Cometh
    I personally haven't noticed anything in particular. The posting isn't off. Besides your post and another one shortly after yours, there haven't been any posts. (It's actually been kinda slow the last two days or so). Not sure about the AOL connection, but it sounds like an AOL-specific problem.

AJ

thanks adven! for me to make my post ive pcAnywhere'd into work. the name servers there (here actually) cache but i could still ping urls from there and get a reply. i can now ping urls at home but the browser wount load them unless i use the ip addy.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I agree sounds like an AOL problem....
    Could get a real ISP and maybe the problem
    will go away.....
    Could set up your own DNS servers on your box and
    then you would not need to depend on AOL dns's
    http://www.ntcanuck.com/
    Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle

dont be a wise-ass highlander. i didnt sign-up for aol but they bought the isp i did sign-up for. now my g/f has gotten used to it and high-speed still isnt available in my area for another month. one dial-up is not much better than the next. i live in a historic district and the current lines are too old.

anyway, the problem has cleared now. guess it was in the aol network. even though ive signed up to get cable as soon as they finish stringing their new fiber. i really cant complain too much about aol. i never get booted off line, keep a conection for days at a time and there have been very few outages. the only complaint is the inability to use a proxy with the aol hooks

Banned
    Greetings:

Here's a url worth bookmarking when you want a quick look at how the root NS servers are performing:

http://bgp.lcs.mit.edu/dnsmirror/

I suggest bookmarking it in the resolved format as well (you obviously won't be able to reach the above URL if dns is amuck):

http://18.31.0.51/dnsmirror/

It's a useful bookmark to have if you're an admin.