Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Ink too Scary for Kids in School!

Unhappy Red Ink too Scary for Kids in School!

I was never afraid of Red ink being on my test papers. I was afraid of the Belt that my father would lay upside my hine end when he saw the red ink.

http://www.boston.com/news/education...seeing_purple/
    When it comes to correcting papers and grading tests, purple is emerging as the new red.

"If you see a whole paper of red, it looks pretty frightening," said Sharon Carlson, a health and physical education teacher at John F. Kennedy Middle School in Northampton. "Purple stands out, but it doesn't look as scary as red."
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

My sons teacher has no fear about her kids being afraid of red ink...or red lead. The kids grade each others papers with red pencils, and she does it with red ink. Poor poor little 3rd graders, maybe I should bring this to the school boards attention!

What a load of crap, I have a feeling it's the fact that the grade is bad that kids are afraid of, and now we're just going to have a bunch of kids afraid of red and purple! At least keep it to one color!!
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

that is just pathetic....seriously, whats next? I can just see it:

"Teachers cannot grade student's work with a grade lower than a B because it promotes child abuse from the parents"

This country is wayyyy too child proof, and some things need to change back to the good ole' days

Why don't they just use pink? That'll promote tolerance as a side affect!

Re: Red Ink too Scary for Kids in School!

Originally posted here by OverdueSpy
    I was never afraid of Red ink being on my test papers. I was afraid of the Belt that my father would lay upside my hine end when he saw the red ink.
    [/url]
    All too true, but my dad is an auto shop teacher and that inch of calus on his hand hurt more than a belt.

This is going way too far......if this is true wont they just become conditioned to fear the purple ink?

Edit: Sorry Deb, missed your comment on the color of the ink.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Lol....the color doesn't matter. My son would be scared if it was orange with green polka dots, cause he knows the problem is going to come when he brings it home, regardless of the color of the marks on the paper!

As a side note, I'm fortunate, and I have a very intelligent little boy, who doesn't have to worry about marks of any color on his paper most of the time. His concern is that his teacher this year uses really girly stickers on papers that are well done, and he's tired of getting butterflies and flowers on all of his papers!
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Luckily I have never had a test with enough red to make my mother angry... I don't want to know what might happen to me.. You all might never hear from me again... If I get below a B on a gradecard I get grounded till it's raised to a B+. I have still yet to have that happen, due to the fact that I love my computer quite dearly, and it falls under being grounded for me.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

I heard similar BS when I was in college 10 years ago. One of me Profs graded in green for that very reason. I thought then that it was BS and still do. Really, what difference does the color make? It's still the same failing grade. :-)

They should never EVER grade an F in green. Its like painting the STOP sign in an intersection green, and painting the GO arrow red!

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Next we'll be hearing that teachers cannot grade in black ink....it's too insensitive to blacks....especially if the grade is an 'F'. Maybe instead of marking on papers we should just give them an 'A' for turning in the assignment...that way *EVERYONE* feels good!! What a load of crap! We (not me, though) are raising a world of p*ssies who will not be able to function in the real world.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery