Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Video Card

New Video Card

I need a new video card. I need it to have support for 4 monitors and be good for gaming also. I only play games on a LANly basis. So it doesn't need to be the best of the best as far as gaming goes. I just like using more than one monitor to organize what I am working on.

Now that is an interesting requirement!

I suspect you can get them, but they will be the price of a decent automobile

Have you considered getting two cards and running them in networked computers. I know that twin monitor cards are pretty cheap, and you mention a LAN?

Apart from LAN gaming, what else would you be running that would require a separate monitor?

At this point I am not too sure of your true requirement, only of your perceived solution.

Cheers

The only one I know of is the Matrox G450 Multi-Monitor Quad graphics card,
    which you can buy here:

http://www.provantage.com/buy-7matr2...b-shopping.htm

For a sweet $688 !

You could by 4 PC's instead!

AO French Antique News Whore
    I disagree on the 450! I don't think it can handle 4 monitor!

You have 2 chooses :
    1) Matrox 750 with Triple Head (http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/m...eries/p750.cfm)
    2) Buy exactly the same video card twice with dual output (2X2=4) (Most ATI and Nvidia card have dual output). One should be AGP and the other one PCI to fit in your board!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Hmm,

offer outstanding multi-monitor support and unparalleled image quality to the financial, medical and industrial markets.
    like you ARE using a 14" monitor?...............anyways, I just bought a Saab 9000 Turbo for less than that ............a serious one will cost you serious money I am afraid, you would really need to have an application that justified it IMHO.

EDIT: Simon, we are talking this one: G45X4QUAD-B

That will support 4 monitors..................if you can call it support

I think I will go with the triple head. The reason I use multiple monitors is because I watch TV on my computer while I do work. And my work already takes up 2 screens and multiple workspaces. But before I got dual monitors I had two computers with a KVM switch. I didn't like having to always push a button. So multiple computers is really out of the question for me. I am buying all new monitors for me and giving my 20" Sony's to my girlfriend. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Your choice,

But please keep an eye on the resolutions...............3 screens and only 64Mb does not give you much quality wise................particularly as you are

giving my 20" Sony's to my girlfriend
    I was joking about the 14" monitors..........but only just a joke

Good luck anyways

Originally posted here by nexalink
    I think I will go with the triple head. The reason I use multiple monitors is because I watch TV on my computer while I do work. And my work already takes up 2 screens and multiple workspaces.
    I have a small 13" TV setting next to my desk on a small filing cabnit that works perfectly for watching TV. I paid $50 USD for it (and it has a VCR built in).
    Sure cheaper than a vidio card that supports 4 moniters (cheaper than most monitors actually).
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I have a small 13" TV setting next to my desk on a small filing cabnit that works perfectly for watching TV. I paid $50 USD for it (and it has a VCR built in).
    Sure cheaper than a vidio card that supports 4 moniters (cheaper than most monitors actually).
    Indeed. You have turned discussion on a 180o. degree, moxnix! If its just to watch TV, a tv set will be better than a 10-head video card.

But i dont think its just for it... or am im wrong?
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Quick Note about Matrox : They are NOT the best card for gamer! Be sure to check a lot of benchmark about that card.

I have a Matrox G550 that I baught in January 2001. I did well for game until half of 2003 then, well, I couldn't run any good game like BattleField 1942.
    -Simon \"SDK\"