Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: floppy

floppy

I install a Sony dvd rw in my PC.Now went it start up it can not find floppy record.I has to take the idle line off the cdrom and put it on the dvd-rw.All line line are hook up to the floppy.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I think that if you could add further details re:-

What you wanted ? one paragraph.
    What you did ? one paragraph.
    what you got ? one paragraph.

It might allow people to make a more educated answer, at present your request, to me at least, doesn't make enough sense to respond to it.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

In stalled a Sony dvd-rw in my PC.I remove the CD=Re.I has to take the idle line off the carom and put it on the DVD-Re.But the carom till work good.But went i boot up the PC it can not find floppy record.But it till boot up.And the floppy work OK.Should not worry about it.

I think I know what you are on about, I'm just not to certain as to what planet you're from.

You removed the CD Re-writer, to replace it with a DVD Re-writer.

But you now have problems with the boot sequence not 'seeing' the floppy.

CD and DVD would both be on IDE 2.
    Floppy should be on its own cable.

I'm bolloxed if I can work out 'carom'.

Am I anywhere close ?
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

That what it is.I has only one idle line and i take it off the cdrom.Could that be the problem.

Translation service:
    carom = CD Re-writer ?
    idle = IDE cable ?

If you are removing the CD re-writer, and replacing it with a DVD re-writer, then you should just swap the cables, power, IDE 2 (not idle .......) and the fibre optic link.

The floppy drive (the 'A' drive ) should not be impacted by this change whatsoever ......

Don't forget to update / install drivers as required.

Check in the BIOS screens that the 'A' drive is bootable, ensure that 'C' drive is primary.
    Set the DVD as you want, for me I'd go :

1st = 'C'
    2nd = 'A'
    3rd = DVD

********** |ceWriterguy
    Check to make sure you didn't knock the line loose from the back of your floppy disk drive and where it connects to the motherboard.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

AntiOnline n00b
    hi

I think I know what you are on about, I'm just not to certain as to what planet you're from.
    Emmmmmmm Don't know foxy would you belive more than 50% of world population still don't know english............i think they also share this planet with us.........if one can't speak english dosen't mean we have a martian with us...........and negs for this come on guys........ sad it's sad......(it's not the case of hi i 4m th3 h4x0r g2g c ya type)

The Ideal line from the CD-Rom which you gave to DVD RW ....should have nothing to do with Floppy not workng...........if not you accediently knocked the Floppy Power cable or databus loose.

So what's the problem does the message Floppy Drive not Found Press F1 to continue Comes up on the the BIOS Screen.......

But as you said Floppy Drive is working fine when you boot into the OS..........that makes me think what you mean is the Boot Sequence right ............If it is do what foxy said go into the BIOS Setup and change the Boot Sequence .............but i am not sure how the Addition of DVD RW could change the boot sequence..........

recon take a deep beath and try to state the problem more specific .....What error mesage do you get and when........ if there is a error message.......and statimg the your country in your profile would have healped......

--Good Luck--

Hi,

What sort of computer is it? a desktop, a tower or a laptop?

Your BIOS will typically recognise 4 IDE devices and two floppy drives.

There should be three connection sockets on your motherboard. Two are for IDE devices (hard disk, CD & DVD) The other one is dedicated to floppydrives. Please make sure that this cable is firmly connected to your motherboard and the back of the floppy.

If you are trying to install a DVD AND a CD drive, please remember to set the jumper on the DVD drive to "master" and the jumper on the CD to "slave" They should both be on the same flat cable with the DVD at the end and the CD in the middle.

Then everything should work.

Ok anyone able to translate jibberish..

Anyhow instead of swapping the ide cable, why don't you just connect Rom drives up to the one cable, i mean most ide cables have to slot thingy's so that you can connect two cdroms, hard drives etc..

And why was recon negged.?.
    Well i greened him so it should make up for what he was negged for then.

cheers
    f2b:.