Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help shockwave files

help shockwave files

http://www.shockwave.com/content/tankwars/TankWars.dcr

Can any one tell me how to save that to my computer so that i wont have to hot link it on my site and get in trouble

please please please

All Help is appreciated

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    you might get in more trouble with downloading it!Just a warning check out the legal **** before you do this just to be safe! But this prog works good, and its free[just need to register it to keep it though]:::
    http://www.freshdevices.com/freshdown.html

just need to know where its coming from,<check the webpage source code>!

AO French Antique News Whore
    http://www.httrack.com/

Check is out!
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Well, my browser doesn't support Shockwave so I don't know what the file is, and am prompted to save it to my HD... you can also go to your temporary internet files, find the file and copy it to where you want it saved.. or you can get 'wget' and just do the following in your command prompt:

**** ok i tried to download it did but when i uplaod it to my site it loads in the beggining then it turns black and it stops (man what im i doing wrong )
    I tried looking in the tempory internet folder but the file extention is .dir instead of .dcr (thats wierd)
    and I triend the offline webbrowser and some other webcopiers but none worked

what im trying to do is copy the files and put them on my host and use it from there Because i know that if I hotlink it they will start winning not to do it,and i was thinking of hotlinking it but i read there privacy statement and it says that they log ips,and i dont kknow if they could some how find out that its comming from my site. man my brain is about to explode.
    thanks for helping me

ok What Do you guys think i should do

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    i dont kknow if they could some how find out that its comming from my site.
    Well everytime that "link" would be pressed-they would know because your server is requesting it! They need to know where to send the file so your puter gives them your ip. Only way I can think of getting around that would be to make a account at geocites and make a link page so its independent of your server but then again if shockwave really wants to find out your toast! //As for the file going back and fourth<is that the right english word?>..umm Maybe the file needs some verifaction from shockwave or something..I'll look into it!

edit

it needs verifacation from 3dgrove.com...so unless you modifiy it then

Originally posted here by disturb
    **** ok i tried to download it did but when i uplaod it to my site it loads in the beggining then it turns black and it stops (man what im i doing wrong )
    I tried looking in the tempory internet folder but the file extention is .dir instead of .dcr (thats wierd)
    and I triend the offline webbrowser and some other webcopiers but none worked

what im trying to do is copy the files and put them on my host and use it from there Because i know that if I hotlink it they will start winning not to do it,and i was thinking of hotlinking it but i read there privacy statement and it says that they log ips,and i dont kknow if they could some how find out that its comming from my site. man my brain is about to explode.
    thanks for helping me

ok What Do you guys think i should do
    Well then you're doing something wrong.. http://twin-turbo.info/TankWars.dcr

All I did was open the link with Firefox, save it to my hard-drive and put it in my htdocs folder (Apache).

its black on your host too take a look at it

dcr? aint that a director file? Director works by using an internal and external cast (cast being the objects placed on stage - sprites, text, animations etc) when designing for the web alot of people use external casts that way the user does not need to download everything at once to view the file. So what is proly happening with you is that you ahve the main dcr file but not the rest of the external cast. Hence the black screen.

Now stop trying to rup off someone elses site and go make your own :P

v_Ln

http://www.game.nl/speel/134.php

look at the souce this page (its using the file from shockwave.com)

ps so what you meen is that i need to get multiple files intead of that one file ?