Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: win xp keylogger

Exclamation win xp keylogger

well i remember that we had lots of keyloggers for win 9X but do we have any keyloggers for XP and future versions ,i haven't seen any .i am just curious as to how a key logger will function , i mean CTRL+ALT+DEL will show a keylogger won't it then how can one actulaay work
    thanx any ways!!

AntiOnline n00b
    hi

there are plenty............. some of them which worked on 9x work on Windows XP too

http://www.spyarsenal.com/familykeylogger/

http://www.amecisco.com/iks2000.htm

a google search will give you many more

The most effactive and widely used way of hiding a malicious process or something like keylogger that can be used for both malicious and security purposes in to use names similar to legal processes for example svshost.exe or explorer.exe or something similar to that..... that might fool the user in thinking that it is a legit process

Now there are hardware keylogger that can be placed behind the keybord that wouldn't appear in the process list at all.

Hope this helps

--Good Luck--

Why would you want to steal information/ password from others?

Originally posted here by moonlight_x
    Well, according to him:
    i am just curious as to how a key logger will function , i mean CTRL+ALT+DEL will show a keylogger won't it then how can one actulaay work
    There you go. He wants to know how a key logger works. Whether you believe him or not is irrelevant.

errrrrrr....................money?

As SwordFish noted they can be used for malicious purposes..........credit card numbers, banking details, identity theft etc.

If you have a user who appears to be indulging in illegal activity, violating the user policy and so on, then a keylogger might be used to investigate and confirm this.

You would generally use your security/firewall logs to check for suspicious activity before using a keylogger, as they can generate an enormous amount of data to analyse

Cheers

well, if you use the search option on this forum, you will come to a keylogger i have written, it is very simple and works on XP.

BANNED
    It's actually still on the front page... I'll post it since it's right there:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=261930
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

thanks muert0, i didn't have the time to search for it on my last reply, so thanks for helping me

well thanx for all the replies,but ive one question though ,plz read the following carefully

well the combination of ctrl+alt+del helps to keep the p/w safer ,well how is that possible is we are using a key logger ,it will automatically log all the jey strokes ,win't it.or is it that it only works after the computer has been logged on . iam kinda curious in this regard, if the first secniro is correct then how to take precationnary steps.

well i kow its kinda confusing but plz bear on .

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    um,

ok, why it is in your signature i have no idea.

but to answer your question. control+alt+delete does not stop a keylogger or anything along those lines. (i assume your talking about the promt before you can enter your username and password)

the keylogger (if active from startup [not login]) will log delete and alt and control presses. depending on settings and a whole lot of junk..... for example, some keyloggers only log letters and numbers. some dont log spaces. and all you end up with is one huge string

Anyways... i THINK thats what you were asking. if not try again.

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein