Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: gmail security testing

Originally posted here by gore
    Having your IP posted to a forum of computer security people and saying mischief is fun is rarely a good thing. Then again, you have me on ignore, so what's it matter?
    its not my ip
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Then, if it ends up not being you, I guess you are scott free while this user (which the ISP I just called confirmed it does indeed belond to their netrange) is going to get reamed.

Oddly enough, the company is actually based in Canada, and oddly enough, they have verified it's from the same user switching over after an IP renewal (usually automagic). They have, as I predicted, asked I send the origonal emails where it shows your IP address with unmodified headers to their abuse admin (with whom I spoke with over the phone) and will begin an investigation.

Canadian company and ISP.. and only from the same ISP as the one person who threatened to send me spam in the first place.... nah.. couldn't be you.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Pooh:

Your right, lumpy doesn't know what he is talking about when he calls what he did "enumeration".....

Anyone worth their salt can tell that you were just "socially engineered"......

I guess the Canadian education system is lagging behind the American now.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Aww, cute Now he wants to try and reset my google password, for about the 5th attempt.

To initiate the process for resetting the password for your
    poohsuntzu(((at)))gmail.com Google Account, visit the link below

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for using Google.

For questions or concerns regarding your account, please send mail to
    accounts-support@google.com.

This is a post-only mailing. Replies to this message are not monitored
    or answered.
    Guess who I'm going to have to call next so they can contact your ISP, lumpy? Sure, go ahead and deny it. Why should I believe you? Your stories on this thread have changed more than Senator Kerry's stance on US issues, and contained more false statements and incorrect facts than in President Bush's speeches.

Banned
    No, pooh, the last attempt was me and I'm going to try to get access... don't blame him for the last one.

Ah, got it Thanks for owning up to it ;TT. I'm perfectly fine with you attempting to break into my gmail account, because that was the origonal offer.

If you happen to break in, please do not delete anything and let me know via PM. I would love to dicuss your methodology used in the penetration of gmail's security.

You are off the hook on this one, lumpy.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    [brute force honesty post]

You must own up when I get it.......

Your password is pooh
    Your password is Pooh
    Your password is pOoh
    Your password is poOh
    Your password is pooH
    Your password is tsun
    Your password is sun
    Your password is Sun
    Your password is sUn
    Your password is suN
    Your password is tzu
    Your password is Tzu
    Your password is tZu
    Your password is tzu
    Your password is p0oh
    Your password is po0h
    Your password is P0oh
    Your password is Po0h

Ok... I give up....

What's your password???? PM me, ok....

[/brute force honesty post]

Does this _really_ matter?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Erm,one teensy weensy doubt....since pooh's asked everyone to have a go at his gmail account...and AFAIK pooh doesnt own gmail in any way...wouldnt such an attack represent an attack on gmail...and the attacker be liable to prosecution by gmail in any way?
    just a thought....

therenegade-

Yup!

Lumpy-

You could have just sent him a friendly note to verify his addy

edit
    We need dodgeball smileys!
    Because I'm sore from dodgeball.

well iam no security expert but

https: means kinda secure ,doesn'it (hyper text transfer protocol SECURE)

if you do get in to gmail the i guess then you can get into mail server ( or even a bank ) i don't think that you will be able to get into gmail with a brute force. you will need a loop or a crack in the server (like we had HOBO for hotmail,did it ever work?) so getting into pooh gmail account is like impossible as per me