Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: gmail security testing

Hoopy Frood
    No problem at all. If anyone else wants one, just PM me your e-mail address and you'll get it. Got four left.

Xierox
    "Personality is only ripe when a man has made the truth his own."

-- Søren Kierkegaard

lumpyporridge, I'm going to call you on your **** just like I have with everyone else who comlains about gmail security:

poohsuntzu at gmail.com

Go for it. Break that weak security and prove us all wrong.

edit: someone asked me where he had talked about the insecurity of gmail(again)

Please delete this thread
    A) gmail invites are a dime a dozen
    B) security my *****ing ass
    C) post this in GCC there are already all sorts of invites available , and a quick google could get you hundreds if anyone actually wanted one.

I don't think he can and because of that, he will not even accept your challenge.

AO should put on a challenge request..

Accept or Decline funtion. Everyone talks the talk and not many walk the walk.

If it is a small challege without any kind of legal problems involved you should be able to challege someone and if they can complete it. Have some sort of AP pool to distribute.

Originally posted here by pooh sun tzu
    lumpyporridge, I'm going to call you on your **** just like I have with everyone else who comlains about gmail security:

poohsuntzu at gmail.com

Go for it. Break that weak security and prove us all wrong.

edit: someone asked me where he had talked about the insecurity of gmail(again)
    When have i complained about gmails security? (its in beta no one should complain). This thread was set up to give out gmail invites in web security (despite 4 other similar threads already going and i get negged for complaining now thats a ****ing joke).
    I am pretty much the only one who has made a security related post in this thread. re. the warez and the wisesness of giving out your email address to strangers whether its gmail or not i don't care, (wanna post your ip addy in public pooh its not all that much different??).
    Shall i fill your addy with spam and mail bombs? , no i have better things to do. go lick some bees
    hives pooh they are sweeter than me

edit-- "the security my ****ing ass" is in reference to the aim of this thread not gmail if that is what you thought???
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

This thread was set up to give out gmail invites in web security (despite 4 other similar threads already going and i get negged for complaining now thats a ****ing joke).
    Prove it. Or is that just speculation on your part? Prove that not only do you know the origonal authors intent, but also prove that you have the ability to read minds.

the warez and the wisesness of giving out your email address to strangers whether its gmail or not i don't care, (wanna post your ip addy in public pooh its not all that much different??).
    I did many times here, for the exact same reasons. People whine about something they don't actually know, and I tell them to prove it.

Shall i fill your addy with spam and mail bombs?
    Would it matter? The more junk you send my way the more I can add to the "This is Spam" button of gmail, and thus building up their spam filtering database. Don't make me turn threats into opprotunities.

no i have better things to do. go lick some bees hives pooh they are sweeter than me
    right... yeah...

edit-- "the security my ****ing ass" is in reference to the aim of this thread not gmail if that is what you thought???
    Then my apologies Just clarify next time.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Girls, girls, girls.....

Kiss and make up or you'll be sent to your rooms without your internet access!!!!

There, I have spoken.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

"Prove it. Or is that just speculation on your part? Prove that not only do you know the origonal authors intent, but also prove that you have the ability to read minds.
    "

There is no mention of anything security related in the first post, not a mention of found sploits, tricks nada just an offer of gmail invites "to test security". How is that any different than the other 4 threads? (that were posted in the proper forum.

I had high hopes when seeing 22 posts to this thread this morn, but nahhh it has fallen into complete banality as so often happens here. I wish someone did have something interesting to say regarding the usage of gmail for warez or something at least of interest or value , anyone?, anyone? probably not . Well i shall not bother to read more or complain. Go back to the gmail inviting and i will go back to reading Mastering The Windows Registry.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Go back to the gmail inviting and i will go back to reading Mastering The Windows Registry
    Excellent read and a great reference for when you forget where all those tasty little bits'n'pieces are.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

because lumpyporridge complains about it then i will satisfy his hunger a little bit...

so far, i have found that google has seen this and from what i have noticed is that there is a 7.5MB cap on file sizes allowed.

furthermore, as far as the ads go, google has made it so that you cannot use adblock to take out the "iframe" that has their ads in it

lumpyporridge take the stick out of your ass and stop pretending to try to read minds because you can't and if you can, you didn't read mine very well.
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

Ninja Code Monkey
    I too have had a gmail account for some time and still have all my invites....like chsh I am too much of an elitist to hand them out. If you nerds don't have em by now, tough noogies.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X