Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO Protection

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar

AO Protection

I was wondering what services and protections AO is running? nothing specific obviously. but i only ask because to me, AO would be an (for lack of a better word) ideal site to try and hack/crack. basically because of the nature of AO and what goes on.

So, i was wondering if there is anything AO runs that isnt typical and what attemps if any, have been made at the AO servers.

i guess im askin the mods to show their battle scars

CTO

*Please note that because of the nature and proceedings of AO, it also makes it the most non-idealistic place to attempt anything* (but i still wanted to know )
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

When JP owned the site he claimed something like over 9 million crack attempts .. it also got defaced once.. and so did anticode etc ...... there is a link to it somewhere i will find it and then edit this post to post the link .. as for what they are running .. i am unsure

edit

http://www.spikeman.net/anticode/

/edit

albn
    Yeah, AO had millions of hack attempts, and was defaced twice. Once in the AntiCode section and once in the main page. It was a big event because AO was one of the prime targets for kiddies back in the day... now nobody really cares.

it was defaced 3 times according to that link i posted

albn
    heh, thanks, forgot about r00tworm's hack on anticode.

well this post is a bit out of place but does anybody have any idea on the crack attempts on yahoo and hotmail ???
    by the way i had no idea that AO was such a lucrative place for hackers/script kiddes!

I dont think many people would bother with antionline now days but it used to be a haven for skript kiddies to try their scripts ... yeh yahoo has been defaced to i think it was by h4g1s it was a long time ago .. if you plow through the old defacement mirror on attrition.org you will find it .. you could even do a search on google for h4g1s and it might show it or "h4g1s yahoo" ... something along those lines

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    hey thanks guys nice link fyrewall.

Yea, i thought AO would be prime for attacks, and yet at the same time thought it wouldnt. but i guess it depended on the time. i suppose when AO was first around, people wanted to have a go. now its a well known site that alot of people enjoy being members of. perhaps thats why noone else attempts ??
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

I think more to the point .. AO has left the underground scene that it was once a member of. Also JP wasnt very well liked and he no longer owns the site so it has become just another site with a forum.

very well liked by people in the underground scene? packetstormsecurity, rfp, attrition, ADM, members of w00w00, antioffline etc etc all diskliked him and the site .... and voiced their opinions

not that anyone cares

sure the media and news sites seemed to like him and AO

anyway we dont need another thread dribbling this **** too .. there are plenty like this one ....