Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lucifer != Satan

"The Light Bearer VS Day Star or Morning Star."

"The term Lucifer is attributed to Satan as a name. The term has become personalised and has taken on a negative sense. Similarly, the term Morning Star has been attributed to Christ in a personalised fashion. When the Bible appears to refer to Satan as Day Star or Morning Star and to Christ as the Light-bearer, which is the sense of Lucifer, people apply the names in this personalised way and come to the wrong conclusion. Some have even gone to the extent of confusing Christ with Satan."
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Although I understand that we are talking about the terms "satan" and "lucifer" as used in the christian bible, I would like to respond to some misconceptions about the religion Satanism.

Originally posted here by Negative
    That's not what I'm saying... they are calling themselves satanists because they want to be identified with what the catholic church made satanism to be, not what satanism really is about.
    To agree with you, what AngelicKnight is actually referring too are "Luciferians" (assuming that Lucifer = that Christian fallen angel), who actually believe in the Christian religion, but choose the "other side". Satanists, however, usually do not believe in any theory without enough scientific evidence to prove that theory. There is a BIG difference.

Originally posted here by bballad
    So neg are any of the black mass type satanists still active in europe? these where the guys who where very close to gnostics, they worshiped personal power, basicly felt that you could gain power through satan or god but each had a cost. Personaly I think Laevy was one of these, his followers where mostly dupes but he never realy beleaived most of the crap he spewed.
    Anyone thinking they can gain power by worshipping or using some external fictional personality certainly isn't a Satanist. LaVey was NOT one of these people. If you, personally, really have such an oppinion, I recommend doing some more research before forming your prejudices.

About the "correct" interpretation of the christian bible, remember that christianity really isn't that old. Most of the stories in the bible can be traced back to Roman, Greek, Babylonian and Arabic mythology.

To be off-topic, I'm more of a "Techno" man when it comes to music, although I usually don't limit myself to any specific genre.
    Bleh.

Dawrf, ppwer through external is a mistake this is true, power from self is preferd..that is lavey...trace that back to golden dawn and crawly...then back to the founding fathers of this country..not sure where it gose before then...probably back to the gnostics and magus.

NEG, your artical left out King Dimond...I am a bit familiar with black metal
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Banned
    BBallad > I've always used anus.com for some "guidance"... It doesn't have King Diamond on there, though. Lots of Burzum (with mp3's)!

Lol, my misguided friend USED to be a huge King Diomand fan, that is until he saw them in concert a long time ago and king spit in his face from the stage. LOL. Was a huge nasty one I hear....
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

I was always under the impression that lucifer was the first feistel-key powered cryptosystem =p
    Is there a sum of an inifinite geometric series? Well, that all depends on what you consider a negligible amount.

Originally posted here by bballad
    Dawrf, ppwer through external is a mistake this is true, power from self is preferd..that is lavey...trace that back to golden dawn and crawly...then back to the founding fathers of this country..not sure where it gose before then...probably back to the gnostics and magus.
    LaVey, Crowley, and the Golden Dawn are very different things. There are a few similarities, but one certainly isn't a direct result of the other. I'm not sure how you're fitting your country's founding fathers into this. Crowley was english, and the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn can also be traced back to england. Before that we end up with ancient european pagan traditions.
    Bleh.

its all about power dwarf, levey gains power (in a very real temporal fassion) from his fallowers, he just extrapalated from crawley(who took over the goldn dawn mutateing the group into its more memerable occult form). Craly took his ideas form the older black mass type cultest and high level masonic ideas, last seen in power in this country running a revolution...A lot of there occult atttatudes can be traced back to gnosticism , which barrowed a lot from the greek mystery cults....

Now why do you speek of european pagensistic traditions as if they where related?
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

There is alot of stuff missing from that anus.com site.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

There is alot of stuff missing from that anus.com site.
    Ya know...That's just something you really shouldn't say around here.