Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I dotnt see whats so cool about gmail

I dotnt see whats so cool about gmail

I have gmail, and every ones raving about it, what so cool about it, maybe theres alot of space, but who needs a gig for emails?? lol. can any one clear me up on this. I mean isnt it only beta anyway.

I think yaho's a bit better other then all the ad's ect. maybe you can actually make me realize gmail is better.

thank you in advance
    is this a dream

Gmail is invite only <---- makes it more exciting
    Gmail is different to hotmail and yahoo and it is new so at the moment it is a novelty .. I think the novelty will ware off
    It has a Gig of space which is cool
    It is quite fast from what I have noticed.... that's just my opinion tho. (refreshing the inbox is fast anyway)

The Gmail novelty will ware off and it will become just like yahoo and hotmail .. at the mo tho it is new so just sit with it for a while

I need one gig of email. Who's raving about it anyways? I like its simplicity....and I hate the junk/ads hotmail/yahoo/and all the other **** has. Emails are like computers. If you don't play a lot of games, or use a lot of multimedia tool, there is no need for you to buy a $500 256MB video card, a 3.0GHZ processor and 1 gig of Ram. If u use it just for word processing a 300-400mhz computer with 64mb ram and a 32mb video card is fine for you.

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    I’ve achieved about 6 years worth or email to it and currently only have my account 52% full with 19435 messages. It’s also a lot faster to search all those messages than it was in Outlook. I call that pretty cool.

Well apart from the capacity, Gmail works like professional apps such as Lotus Notes...........you store corresponsence in a relational manner, like conversations. It also has very powerful searching capabilities.

Otherwise it is pretty similar to other e-mail.

Cheers

Gmail is awesome. Its invite only which makes you feel so special lol. Plus my mom and family email me alot and well it seems corny but i like to save what they send me.

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    I like the fact I got in early enough to get irongeek at gmail.com instead of irongeek234521 at gmail.com. By the way, don't email me there since I only use it for archiving.

Bleh...I couldnt get kryptonic...i had to get kryptonic56 :'(. Which is odd cause all the other sites i go to kryptonic is always available.

well also to be included is that gmail is very very fast not as yahoo ,

it uses a different scripting language (in the upper most left corner u c a "loading" ) its fast than compared to hot mail and yahoo.

space is 10 times more than yahoo and 20 times more than hotmail

a search mail to sort your mail ,

and with all that space you need not delete a mail (even spam)

and also to include is that you also see some of the contents of the email in the inbox sereen so that you need not read the full mail

and as many of the senior members said its "invite only" and it makes you feel special
    does it

good thing i got one. lol
    is this a dream