Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good antivirus

good antivirus

I was wondering if anyone on here who is in to super anti virus programs could tell me what the best Program out right now is.
    I have had Mcafee and right now i have norton 03. And people keep making fun of me and say that is the worst but will never tell what they think the best is or what they got. so i was thinken they may have the same and are ashamed. well i am not ashamed i will just make the upgrade to the best as soon as i find out what it is these days.

thx ahead of time for all answers,
    Chris

Old Fart
    get avg at www.grisoft.com...it's good, it's free.

You would have been well served to have used AntiOnlie's search feature to get the answer to this question as it has been discussed countless times.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

lol yah i did search i just got a million Q's like mine with a non understandable answer. but yah this free anti virus is it the best i am not worried of money i am worried of security.
    Thx

Old Fart
    I've had it running side by side with McAfee and Nortons...it would detect things that the others would miss...ie it's a step up from what you're using at the present time if nothing else.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

cool great great thing to hear thx a lot.

I am a fan of clamwin right now. McAffee blows, IMO. It always seems to be on the machines that come crying to be fixed...

Norton on the other hand, seems better, but not perfect.

I like clamwin lately because it seems lightweight, and it's opensource. I am hoping by being opensource, def's can come out quick.

Originally posted here by allenb1963
    I've had it running side by side with McAfee and Nortons...it would detect things that the others would miss...ie it's a step up from what you're using at the present time if nothing else.
    Wouldnt using more than one AV lead in conflicting results?They scanning each other's quarantine folders and such
    Anyhow,to the original poster:http://www.antionline.com/showthread...0&pagenumber=1
    Here's just one thread I found by a quick search...look harder next time:P
    and oh,I'd advocate AVG too

I run multiple AV's.. I just only keep one actively running..

I love kaspersky.. fairly low overhead.. I also run f-prot and avg.

norton and mcafee, I threw them out ages ago.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Wouldnt using more than one AV lead in conflicting results?
    Yes. It is considered bad practice to run more than one AV product on a single host.

ClamWin is VERY good. Better than AVG IMO. For those who are interested in downloading a free copy (linux or windows) go to www.sourceforge.net and simply search for "clam".
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Banned
    seriously if u want a good anti-virus its avg as said above but if u want the anti-virus what i recommend is Panda antivirus Platinum version! this is the real thing! TRUST ME!!