Thread: It's Legal to Lie

Lightbulb It's Legal to Lie

As if we don't all know already, it's really important to get your facts somewhere besides the political television ads we're all seeing constantly.

I'm kind of amazed at this though...guess one day I'll stop looking thru my rose-colored glasses.

Here's a fact that may surprise you: candidates have a legal right to lie to voters just about as much as they want.

That comes as a shock to many voters. After all, consumers have been protected for decades from false ads for commercial products. Shouldn't there be "truth-in-advertising" laws to protect voters , too?

Turns out, that's a tougher question than you might imagine...
    Read the rest of the article here.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    hehe....

I always Lie... as a matter of fact, im lying right now
    If Australian polotics are anything to compare by, you might just sit back and laugh. we have an election this saturday, and some of the ads on TV just take the absolute piss out of other parliament members, about their knowledge of happenings and what not.

Particularly focusing on objects like our role in the IRAQ invasion etc.... since im not voting this year cause of age restrictions (hehe, 3 days too young) i just laugh about most things they say to each other.

[off topic] yes, im 18 next week which is FULL legal age in Australia.. and its about time im not gonna make a thread about it cause there isnt a point... cept for greenies.. but they are welcome anyways hehe... LOL [/off topic]

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein