Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone interested in cracking crackme's?

anyone interested in cracking crackme's?

hi all,

at the moment i'm learning secure coding, meaning create a secure (hard to crack) serial routine to use in programs. at the same time i'm learning ASM.
    and during this study, i thought it might be nice to create some crackme's and let other people (try to) crack them, and ask them to let me know how they did this.

this way the "cracker" learns something from it, and me too

if anyone has gotten interested, the crackme's can be found on my site.

if anyone has some nice tut's about this subject, please post the links here so i can learn even more

Banned
    Way too easy... total time 10 minutes while eating a sandwich..

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\crackit_1>crackit_1.exe Simple

Congratz! the first one! the password is: Simple

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\crackit_2>crackit_2.exe EaSyCrAcKiNg

Excellent! you have cracked it, the password was: EaSyCrAcKiNg

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\crackit_3>crackit_3.exe .data

Nice! this one was a bit harder, the password was: .data

Too lazy to go on.. but if you want them, post and I'll get them to you in a few minutes once I get some time.

[edit]

Sorry but I feel compelled to point out once again that post numbers, green dots, and status don't mean **** lepri... you know what I'm talking about. No hard feelings hopefully.

Ok how did you do that? because i tried to click on the image and it just brought me right back

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    ummm...kool. I tried The first two and then the last! Easy. Did you mean it to be that way? I like the progs though and would like to see more

Ok how did you do that? because i tried to click on the image and it just brought me right back
    image? Do you mean the icon!>?

Way too easy... total time 10 minutes while eating a sandwich..

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\crackit_1>crackit_1.exe Simple

Congratz! the first one! the password is: Simple

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\crackit_2>crackit_2.exe EaSyCrAcKiNg

Excellent! you have cracked it, the password was: EaSyCrAcKiNg

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\crackit_3>crackit_3.exe .data

Nice! this one was a bit harder, the password was: .data

Too lazy to go on.. but if you want them, post and I'll get them to you in a few minutes once I get some time.

[edit]

Sorry but I feel compelled to point out once again that post numbers, green dots, and status don't mean **** lepri... you know what I'm talking about. No hard feelings hopefully.
    did you really think this was the best i can do? it were just the first that i have wrote during lunch time at work within half an hour. i just wanted to know how hard they should be...

but tell me, did you actually crack them, or just bruteforced them? cause THAT's not cracking!
    that's why asked for the explanations on how you did this. so please let me know.

ummm...kool. I tried The first two and then the last! Easy. Did you mean it to be that way? I like the progs though and would like to see more
    can you tell me how you "cracked" the final one? i'm pretty interested in that one.
    yes, there will be more, but as i said above, i just created these ones in half an hour. didn't had more time

The meaning was that they get harder as you go further, meaning: the second one is a little harder then the first, the third one is a bit harder then the second one. and so on....

Just Another Geek

Re: anyone interested in cracking crackme's?

Originally posted here by lepricaun
    at the moment i'm learning secure coding, meaning create a secure (hard to crack) serial routine to use in programs.
    You may be interrested in Hacker Disassembling Uncovered.

It talks alot about C/C++ structures and how they're translated into assembly. It also talks about securing your code to prevent 'snooping'.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

You may be interrested in Hacker Disassembling Uncovered.

It talks alot about C/C++ structures and how they're translated into assembly. It also talks about securing your code to prevent 'snooping'.
    what a coincidence, that's one of the books i'm learning it from

it is a great book indeed!

thanks for the info though

[EDIT]
    this is the next book i'm planning to buy.
    [/EDIT]

Just Another Geek
    I'm reading in too. So, I'll definitely gonna try some of your crackmes if I have some spare time
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

that would be nice. if you made some of your own, send them to me, and i can have a shot at it (perhaps it would be nice to put them on my site too).

Banned
    Originally posted here by lepricaun
    did you really think this was the best i can do? it were just the first that i have wrote during lunch time at work within half an hour. i just wanted to know how hard they should be...

but tell me, did you actually crack them, or just bruteforced them? cause THAT's not cracking!
    that's why asked for the explanations on how you did this. so please let me know.

can you tell me how you "cracked" the final one? i'm pretty interested in that one.
    yes, there will be more, but as i said above, i just created these ones in half an hour. didn't had more time

The meaning was that they get harder as you go further, meaning: the second one is a little harder then the first, the third one is a bit harder then the second one. and so on....
    A) You're an idiot...

B) No, I didn't brute force them which is obvious... brute force attacks (which are considered cracking) take enormous amount of time, I, on the other hand, used a hex editor and they were spelled out in plain English for me you tard... thank you very much... way to easy... and btw, get a new hobby, cause you suck at coding.

C) I'm not here to pamper around your needs and explain everything I do and/or know, you made a simple game, I solved it... now let it be and go back to your hole of shame.