Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone interested in cracking crackme's?

Regal Making Handler
    Seing as no one has yet posted how they cracked your challenge thought i would. I have only got time to do the first, which was very easy. It must have been cuz i cracked it first go.

Here is how i did it, unzipped crackit_1
    open tds3 and run it's string extractor.
    navigate to crackit_1 with extractor and load, View output.

Thats all there was to this one as i said very easy. I have attached the output for anyone who is intersted.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Just Another Geek
    Chill out ;TT.

a) he's learning
    b) the book starts with simple stuff and gradually moves on.
    c) you're not helping
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Don't want to dissapoint ya but it was even easier than that.

Copied it to c:\
    Entered MS-Dos
    dir
    Result > crackit1.exe
    type crackit1.exe
    result > check for your self. Its not difficult after that stage !

Just Another Geek
    The first one is dead simple (as is shown in the book). It should gradually be more and more difficult as you progress. But I agree that the first few are dead easy if you know just a little about the way a compiler works and how data is stored.

That's the whole point of the book. To show you the ways how it can be done, ways to prevent it and ways to make it nearly impossible. But as always nothing is 'uncrackable' it's just a matter of time and perseverance.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

TT --> if i could give you a NEG, i would! if you believe that i suck in coding because i put the strings in plain text on purpose, go ahead. but don't flatter yourself by thinking your such a good cracker, any other skiddie could have solved the first 3 ones. if you think the 4th and especially the 5th are also easy (which they are), then you may have reason to speak!
    but if you have so much knowledge cracking those without any trouble, then why bother at all with trying it, and keep your comments out of this thread if they aren't meant to help someone with them!!!!

So please get the hell out of this thread, cause i do NOT like your comments and i doubt they are useful to anyone!

and as SirDice already mentioned, i am still learning.
    However, i made the first so easy on purpose. i know exactly how to "crack" them. but i just added them to encourage people without any experience on this field to learn and think along.
    and although i can easily "crack" those myself. it can never hurt to hear how people did this, since they might use another way to solve it, and that could be something you never thought about.

The first one is dead simple (as is shown in the book). It should gradually be more and more difficult as you progress. But I agree that the first few are dead easy if you know just a little about the way a compiler works and how data is stored.

That's the whole point of the book. To show you the ways how it can be done, ways to prevent it and ways to make it nearly impossible. But as always nothing is 'uncrackable' it's just a matter of time and perseverance.
    your absolutely right. except i didn't wrote these by following the book, i just wrote them since i knew how easy they would be, so i might encourage the lesser experienced people to start learning (as i stated above).

Jinxy --> please keep your solutions to yourself. this way it is still worth trying for the others.
    of course the first ones are SO easy, but still can be very hard for someone without the knowledge.

Soon i will write some which will be a lot harder to crack, they will be added to the site too.
    I'm already working at an alghoritm and i am planning to pack some of the apps too with different types of packers...

Dear lepricaun

First of all: Gratulations to your interest in asm - going back to the roots so to say.
    Don't bother about flames and try to ignore them. There always are jealous
    people around - jealous or simply too young to realise that one cannot know
    everything. This has nothing to do with lack of intelligence, but simply is due
    to our limited lifespan. Nevertheless, I spent some of my precious evening-time
    to look at your little progs. While the first 4 are for beginners, the last one
    needs at least some basic knowledge of asm - let's say I am done with it ...
    Good work.

I recommend the following tool for the analysis: PE Explorer[1]

Go on !

[1] http://www.heaventools.com/overview.htm

/edit: Actually...
    But as always nothing is 'uncrackable' it's just a matter of time and perseverance.
    This whole story reminds me of the old password-protected games. Especially
    LucasArts (if I remind it correctly) was quite persevering and perverse as well
    in hiding the password. At that time, people simply replaced most of the jnz with jz ...

thanks for the tool, and your absolutely right! but hey, this guy is just so annoying!
    oh well, time to start on the next crackit's

Banned
    Originally posted here by lepricaun
    TT --> if i could give you a NEG, i would! if you believe that i suck in coding because i put the strings in plain text on purpose, go ahead. but don't flatter yourself by thinking your such a good cracker, any other skiddie could have solved the first 3 ones. if you think the 4th and especially the 5th are also easy (which they are), then you may have reason to speak!
    but if you have so much knowledge cracking those without any trouble, then why bother at all with trying it, and keep your comments out of this thread if they aren't meant to help someone with them!!!!

So please get the hell out of this thread, cause i do NOT like your comments and i doubt they are useful to anyone!
    Your code from what I remember had the first 3 levels in plain English.. each was supposed to get harder step by step.. the first 3 were nothing more than the same thing..

I'll do 4 and 5 later on tonight once I finish up some other work, 4 _looks_ like it has something to do with a blank space and 5 _looks_ like it has something to do with abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.1234567890 but I'll have to play around with it before I can say that for sure.

But as far as I'm concerned, no one else has posted an answer so I'll just assume I'm God's gift to the world so **** off.

Next, this is a public forum, if you post material that is bad, expect someone to say something, if you don't like me, ignore me, simple click of a button will do that and it'll prevent me from posting in your thread.. but as I said before... I solved your little "crack me" programs with nothing more than my usual hex editor and looking for the right values.

[edit]spelling issue[/edit]

Blast From the Past
    ;TT dont get yourself banned again dude.....be calm....yes hes learning...i bet you were a newb like him at one point too.....lep i know your not a newb but your still learning so meh

;TT if what you plan to say isnt nice then dont say it at all...you putting down his skills is as far from helping as possiable....and i think im right in saying...helping is what this place is all about....
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

TT --> i will try to give a serious reply:

code 1 --> simple a string in plain text. for those that wouldn't find it if they would change the jmp it would still give him the password.

code 2 --> same as code one except this time the jmp won't work.

code 3 --> same as 2, except using the tool "strings.exe" won't help you since the pass is in there very often too.

code 4 --> here it is starting to be a bit like cracking, no more string in plain text, except if you follow the code in memory, still easy.

code 5 --> about the same as 4, except it is a little more difficult following the code.

code 6 --> this will be a lot harder since it doesn't include the password, just calculations with the password which will be compared to several values. haven't finished it yet, but i hope to have it on my site in about 8 hours or so (have to go to work first ).

all these code were coded like this on purpose. i already knew how they would be "crackable" before i wrote the code. i WANTED it to be like this.

but just be patient and start with 4,5,6 and the others that will follow. then you will see it can be fun if you really need to work for it

and yes i'm a noob in coding, but like i said, that doesn't mean i did not do the above on purpose.

i already cracked a lot of crackme's before i started to learn how to code myself (sounds strange doesn't it).

[edit]spelling issue[/edit]
    if this is addressed to me, yes i'm not a native american or englishman. but i think i'm doing pretty well for a foreigner