Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Make a Password Cracking Cluster

For those of us who have some more time, check this out:

http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/cluster/
    [shadow]OpenGL rules the game[/shadow]http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=499

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Great tutorial, please write more. I also wanted to point out that if pwdump does not work because you are not an admin just copy off the SAM and SYSTEM files and use SamInside to crack Syskey and export a pwdump format file. See if you can find version 2.1.3 of SamInside as newer versions don't let you dump pwdump files with just the demo version.

IronGeek: when you say that if you aren't an admin to copy the sam and then use saminside are you talking about using linux w/ ntfs read ability?? i thought the file was "protected" by windows so that you couldn't do that...
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Originally posted here by djscribble
    IronGeek: when you say that if you aren't an admin to copy the sam and then use saminside are you talking about using linux w/ ntfs read ability?? i thought the file was "protected" by windows so that you couldn't do that...
    Point taken, I forgot to mention that you would have to boot from a CD (Knoppix, Bart’s PE builder, ETC) or put the drive in another computer to get the files off.

sorry im a bit late with my reply

Hey neutron thnx ALOT for helping me out

Hope i can help you some time

And by the way.. next term (spring) i will get access to a lab with about 20 comps with different perfomance of course.. on a 100 mbit fiber connection.. so im gonna talk to my teacher and see if its possible do play around some

thanks a lot!! Very nice tutorial.
    (do you happen to know something about the load-balancing capabilities/algorithms used, this domain interests me a lot).

plinius.

Can someone help me out with a couple things?

Does anyone know of a good tutorial explaining SAM files?
    Does anyone know of a free DHCP server for windows or linux?
    Would it be possible to cluster windows computers, or windows and linux computers together?
    Does anyone know of a system like OpenMosix that acutally devides individual processes?

Thanks for any help, this whole concept is very interesting to me.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Do a search of the tutorials section and you will find a lot about SAM files.

they were working on a p2p style password cracking cluster at www.hbx.us apparently users would offer up a percent of their processing power to the group and in turn gain access to the pool of processing power to crack what they want. they might still be working on it but i dunno, the site owner got arrested or something cuz their shell server was full of cc#'s. i thought it was a cool sounding idea though

great tut

First of all, Great tutorial NeuTron!

I setup the cluster in 4 P4 boxes 128 ram each. Passwd file had 3 accounts with 6-8 characters (alphanumeric). The first password took about 35 seconds. I left the cluster running for about 50 minutes and couldn't get the other two accounts. Is that normal behavior?? After that time I had to leave the computer lab at uni because some other class needed to use those boxes. I am keen to try it again next week with maybe two more machines in the cluster. I will let you all know of my results.

cheers

-j