Thread: printer problems please help

printer problems please help

ok I have microsoft office 2000 and every time i put print it wont print . when i go to the print manger it shows document in queue what do i do helllllllllllllllllllp i need to print a important paper

Details please, tell us your Operating System and Printer brand and model number, and any other details you think would be nessecary.

EDIT: Also make sure the printer is a.) Connected to the power outlet, b.) connected to the printer port and c.) Turned on. Also check if it's being detected by the computer and make sure you installed everything from the CDs it most likely came with.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

i have windows xp

it a hp 3600

Try:

<start>
    <control panel>
    <printers & faxes> and check that the printer is installed properly, and is the DEFAULT printer.

Try running the "printing troubleshooter" from that screen.

If it is a USB connection, you probably should have loaded the printer software BEFORE attaching the device. You may have to uninstall and re-install..............follow the instruction sequence carefully. That might not be a bad idea anyway as you might have a corrupted driver........so uninstall them first.

Has it ever worked? if it is an older machine it may not be compatible with XP. You should be able to check for compatible devices on the MS Windows XP site.

Check the printer manufacturer's site to see if there are any updated drivers.

Good luck

ok im going to go and fix it tommorow can you please list other things that it could be so that i can write a list for when i go to my freinds house and thanks for the help so far

and yes it has worked in the past and its new

The first thing I would do is check connections. If it is connected properly, then uninstall the printer and reinstall it. Check to make sure that there are not error codes on the printer. Consult the docs (user manual) to see what error codes might look like. If you don't have the maual, consul the manufacturer's site.

Printer problems are normally very easy to resolve and a check of cables and reinstall normally will fix it.

Error codes might result of having the wrong paper, cartridges out of ink or installed improperly or bad connection. You might even have a small peice of paper stuck in the printer somewhere...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.