For all our members, Firetrust has just released their new encryption software. The following is information on this software.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This week we released the latest tool in our email and internet security line up – Firetrust Encrypt.

It’s another measure from Firetrust to help support consumers and small businesses in protecting and sending secure email without worrying about a so-called “packet sniffer,” a person that “sniffs” out information within the e-mail, and then steals or exploits the information. For example, with own my business my Accountant may send me copies of my payroll check and other financial information to me through email which could be possibly picked up and exploited without my knowledge. Now, she and I can send this information encrypted and only she and I can read and decrypt the email via the Firetrust Encrypt application and through an assigned password.

Here is a quick overview of the benefits in using Firetrust Encrypt 1.0 and below are additional details:

Send secure, encrypted files and messages via email to anyone, anywhere, anytime
Encompasses the latest encryption technology, including 256-bit encryption format
Easy to use and can be used across various platforms, including Windows, Mac or Linux - even if they are using a firewall
Protects and secures many types of files and message…A few examples include, medical records, legal documentation, mobile devices and online purchases.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-mail security has expanded beyond anti-spam and virus protection, which is why we are now offering our customers further protection with Firetrust Encrypt,” said Nick Bolton, CEO of Firetrust Limited. “The average consumer using e-mail is not aware that others may be reading their e-mails, or even worse, stealing their financial data or other personal and private information. With Firetrust Encrypt, consumers and businesses can arm themselves to ensure that their e-mail transmissions are delivered safe and are only being read by the intended recipient.”

Keeping e-mail transmissions safe is particularly important for those working in government, healthcare, financial institutions, or any other businesses that send personally identifiable information. The danger comes when an unsuspecting sender sends an e-mail that is intercepted by someone using a packet sniffer, which allows a person to “sniff” out information within the e-mail, and then steals or exploits the information. And by the time the sender finds out, it’s usually too late and the damage is done.

Packet sniffers allow a person to reconstruct the SMTP and POP3 e-mail traffic in order to intercept and read the sender’s e-mail without the sender knowing. Most consumers or small businesses are either unaware of the potential danger or they simply haven’t taken measures to protect themselves.

Firetrust Encrypt is a cost-effective and easy way to protect consumers and small businesses from falling victim. After downloading the software using an easy-to-understand wizard, users are ready to start protecting their important and sensitive e-mails and documents (invoices, contracts, records, etc.) by following three simple steps:

* Step One – Create & Encrypt: (A) Create a password by typing in a combination of letters and numbers into the “Password to Encrypt/Decrypt” box; (B) enter the e-mail recipient’s e-mail address; (C) select the desired document or write an e-mail message; and (D) simply click the “Encrypt” button, which encrypts the information using the U.S. government-approved 256-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) encryption standard. It can only be decrypted and opened by using the password set by the user/sender.

* Step Two – Send E-mail: User sends encrypted e-mail, via an HTML attachment, to recipient.

* Step Three – Receive & Decrypt: E-mail recipient receives e-mail and is directed to open the encrypted document in their Web browser. The recipient then enters the special password, at which point their browser retrieves the decryption algorithm, decrypts the file and places it on their desktop, ready for viewing. Also, the recipient requires no special software, just a Web browser and the password, which can be a one-time use password, or a set password for ongoing communications between sender and recipient.

FIRETRUST ENCRYPT 1.0 FEATURES & BENEFITS:
* Security & Peace of Mind: Send secure e-mails with 256-bit AES encryption standard, and have the assurance that only the intended recipient will access and read it.

* Web-based: Because the decryption process is Web-based, the recipient doesn’t need to hassle with installing any special software to decrypt and read.

* Versatility & Works with Multiple Platforms: Works with all major e-mail clients, firewalls, and is compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux for those receiving encrypted e-mail messages.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS & AVAILABILITY
Firetrust Encrypt 1.0 is now available for download directly from the Firetrust website at www.firetrust.com. Firetrust Encrypt has a suggested retail price of U.S. $29.95, with a free 30-day trial. Firetrust Encrypt’s minimum system requirements include Microsoft® Windows® 98, NT, 2000 and XP; however, these requirements are only for the sender, recipients only need a Web browser and it doesn’t matter which operating system a recipient uses. It is compatible with Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Outlook™ and Outlook Express, Lotus Notes and other major e-mail systems, and works with firewalls. It requires the following Web browsers: Internet Explorer 5.01 or higher or Netscape 4.08 or higher. In addition, .NET support** is also required. For users’ who do not have Windows XP, they can download the .NET Framework version 1.1 for free by going to www.microsoft.com/downloads and clicking on the “.NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package” link.

http://www.firetrust.com/home/