Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody interested in starting a project here ??

Hi,
    Ok than lets start something in VC++. But pls let me know how many of u guys are comfortable with it ?
    If anybody wants some other language its no probs with me will do R & D and do it !!

what do u say swordfish ?
    what do u say H3r3tic, CybertecOne ?

In
    A laptop, internet connection and beer.

Banned
    i know VC++ but i know VB more so i can contribute more efficiently if VB/C++ is used!

i m not forcing u guys, i wont be a part of the project if u dont want ( i dont wanna be the pain in the butt ) but still if u choose VB or C++ and let me contribute in the project! i'll be the most happiest one! as i luv contributing in prj.s

thank u guys

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

Ok than lets start something in VC++.
    Something????? we have still haven't found that something ???:P

Hmmm i know VC++ i wouldn't say comfortable though............i know C , C++ and Visual Basic 6 better.

But if it's going to be VC++ ..............i can learn it don't worry ..........

will do R & D and do it !!
    yep thats the thing...........i want to work on something i haven't already.............as MsM likes to say Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeesearch ...........i know working on a new thing altogher would highly reduce the chances of it being finished but can try ...................learn a few thinggs in the process...............so whats that something going to be ...............i still say a Compiler

It would be better if we chose a project first .......then the language/ tool suited for it...............rather than the language first and then trying to fit in a project suited for that language/tool

akshayakrsh -> we are not ignoring you .........It's still in the preliminary phases ...just hang in there and see what happens

--Good Luck--

Hey SwordFish,

Herez some suggestions and various topics which come to my mind. maybe they are more feasible on VC++ and with or without using MFC.

1) Keylogger
    2) PortScanner
    3) Small Basic Compiler
    4) Mail Client (which uses SMTP )
    5) Ping Utility (which sends a ping to the given ip address)
    6) Basic Firewall.

well any suggestions or maybe what can we select from this list and start ?
    you can even add ur topics if u feel like.

In.

AntiOnline n00b
    Hiya

Nope this list is final .............that something will be from this list ................let me remove a few form it ..............which i think are either too small or hard to modularise or i just don't like them

Lets all select our Favourates and see which one gets the max votes

1) Keylogger X
    2) PortScanner X
    3) Small Basic Compiler Y
    4) Mail Client (which uses SMTP ) Y
    5) Ping Utility (which sends a ping to the given ip address) X
    6) Basic Firewall. Y

I give my Vote to number 3.

--Good Luck--

Hi,

Lets all select our Favourates and see which one gets the max votes

1) Keylogger X
    2) PortScanner X
    3) Small Basic Compiler Y
    4) Mail Client (which uses SMTP ) Y
    5) Ping Utility (which sends a ping to the given ip address) X
    6) Basic Firewall. Y

I give my Vote to number 3

--Good Luck-- [/B]
    okkkkkkkkkk so now we have got three, andi will rate it out of 10 :-

1) Small Basic Compiler : As far as this goes i am also pretty interested in writing a compiler. This will surly give us a chance to do a fair amount of R & D and will be quite interesting provided we hold it till the end. i give 9/10

2) Mail Client : This also will be quite interesting but the only thing i am worried is we have to set up some server in order to execute our Mail Client. what do you say ?
    i give 7/10

3) Basic Firewall : This is also not bad but again requires deep knowledge of TCP/IP which i am afraid i don't have much
    i give 8/10

So from my side the compiler remains at the top .. still feel free to do your selection and we will do it ok swordfish.

Good Luck to Us.

In

AntiOnline n00b
    HI,

Compiler Check.............I am on it .................

Let me collect anything i can find on the subject ...............and write a preliminary investigatin report ( i.e how does it work , what are the things required , skill set , feasibility etc)

It Could take time ...........just give me 4 to 5 days........i will keep you guys posted.

--Good Luck--

Hi,

Ok so with this we declare the project start.

Project name : Basic Compiler for C
    Team : Intruder, SwordFish_13

I also will start gathering related info on the same and will keep posted.

Good Luck.

In

Elite Hacker
    I'd like to help or at least follow along and have access to the work. Sounds interesting . As of now I don't think I have the knowledge, but if I do what you are probably doing right now and research it I may be able to contribute a tiny bit. Peace.

Hey guys, I just found this thread. I have been pretty busy and havent read a whole lot on the site lately. But yeah, I think this project is cool. I would also like to help, although Im not sure how much help I will be. I have only worked with QBasic (which was like two years ago) and C++. I pretty much know teh basics of C++. I have taken about one semester of it in college. I would like to say I know C++, but I know there is alot of headers and common libraries I know nothing about. But yeah, If I could help, or even just see how you guys are doing, that would be great also. Ill be checking this thread alot now. Hoep you guys get something figured out.

-Ep
    01001001001000000100110001101111011101100110010100100000010000100110010101110100011101000111100100100001