Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dell certification Q&A

Plus when was the last time that you tried to troubleshoot a hardware issue and looked up to find out how many screws hold the inverter board for a Dell C800 before isolating what the problem realy pertains to.

Prob never.

And if you did look it up ya would not rember it any how.

Its just one of those thing

Sorry to have wasted your time on the subject

I should of know that this is deffently not the place for that type of question

I know "go figure it out yourself"

Dell certified?..................well you need extermination rather than certification..................ah, of course, Micro$haft think that they can issue quasi educational qualifications so tosser Dell thinks that he can join the bandwagon............

I would never buy the crap, so your qualification does not amount to much

"Hey pal, do you realise that I'm MSIE certified?..............

No kidding? this rig boots linux............"

Oh well,

While I am trying to limit the amount I speak now-adays, I find it rather interesting that you come to a Security site, and ask that particular question. I mean true, you are not going to do anything stupid. (Not that you could, with a Dell Cert.) But, as CopyRight said, when you have a certification you are a professional. You are EXPECTED to know the ins and outs, of whatever you are certified in.

How would you feel, if you had a Chef, that was certified, and you asked him how to make a cake, and he stutered, and said, "Cake ugh... not sure, I can make one hell of a Whip Cream Pie."

The entire point about certifactions, that seems to be getting out of hand, these days, is that, when you have a certification you are saying I know this information inside and out. Upside and Down.

While I understand that you just want the damn cert, since it is an open book test, just take the books, and look-up all the answers as you need them. As for where a practice test might be, go to tell's site, something tells me that they will have practice tests, and have names of people that have rececently passed. Use those names, and ask those people.

I was just giving you an example how you could use how many screw drivers there are, jesus christ you're on though head to get into.....that test was created by experienced dell maker or whatever, if they think you need to know all that stuff, then you probably do....
    O.G at A.O

well my view is kinda wierd "yes and no" yes it is not important to know the number of screws holding the LCD but it is important to know how to fix the LCD.©opy®ight is right
    that test was created by experienced dell maker or whatever, if they think you need to know all that stuff, then you probably do....
    and some times it so happens you might not remember how mant screws are there in LCD but you exacctly know what the problemn is and how to fix it.
    well its all up to u dear

yes I know

it's just a pain they give up X amount of time to go through there stuff to find the answer for what. Not a big Cert and If I was looking at a lcd screen I could tareist apart put it back together and it would work. I've worked on laptops for 9 years and I never would ask someone "well how may screws did it have.

Good point on Dell trying to Be like MS