Thread: Bush politics interfere with Fallujah progress

Thumbs down Bush politics interfere with Fallujah progress

Now I'm pissed that we waited this long to clean this rottenest city.
    It is my belief that we did not finish off Fallujah for American political reasons.
    http://www.military.com/NewsContent/...110604,00.html

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    It is my belief that we did not finish off Fallujah for American political reasons.
    Yes and I believe that you are very right! If there was a go ahead before Nov.2 then no doubt Bush would have been the one crying instead of kerry.

The number of dead and wounded from the expected battle to retake insurgent-controlled Fallujah probably will reach levels not seen since Vietnam, a senior surgeon at the Marine camp outside Fallujah said Thursday. Navy Cmdr. Lach Noyes said the hospital here is preparing to handle 25 severely injured soldiers a day, not counting walking wounded and the dead. The hospital has added two operating rooms, doubled its supplies, added a mortuary and stocked up on blood reserves. Doctors have set up a system of ambulance vehicles that will rush to the camp's gate to receive the dead and wounded so units can return to battle quickly.
    Thats all I need, to see my generation disapear before my eyes! I love how the fat cats in Washinton distance themselves from the reality of what they are doing and treat everything as their due. I have been hearing about this on cnn and such all week long. Only thing I can say as I curse those in power- give your blessings to those who will go in battle!

kurt

!mitationRust,
    Seriously....are you just realizing that the election and politics come before the lifes of our troops?

Damn, I guess I am just a cynical old man........they postponed everything in April so that it wouldn't effect the election. The troops are just meat, the important thing is the votes.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

No, mox I long before realized it, especially during the Clinton years(do nothing years). Like you, my uncle served in Nam, he told me the truth about the beltway, I'm surprised he still votes!

Hell, I wonder if our boys over there agree with Bush and his political hold out, I guess they understand that political strategy. Regardless they will prevail with godspeed, I'll go with their vote and trust for the president.

God bless the troops, amen.

Does anyone remeber the Mayflower Compact?
    http://img114.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...ay-compact.jpg