Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LAN icon is gone!

Exclamation LAN icon is gone!

i can't connect to the internet, my LAN icon is gone!!! what do i do?

AOs Resident Troll
    Sounds like you are running 98...and you dont have a physical connection,....or the NIC is not working...or you didnt log in..

Did you try a reboot???
    Is it 98???
    Can you ping 127.0.0.1???
    If not...what is the error??

More info is needed

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

By LAN icon, do you mean your browser icon (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) or do you mean Network Neighborhood (I'm assuming use of some version of Windows)?

Have you tried a basic ping to any website?
    - Maverick

u did'nt specify ur problem properly....what exactly happnened to ur LAN or internet.....there r many reasons behind it .....some of them which i know r trying to specifying to uuuu.........

first there may be the possiblility u disable ur LAN icon.......to make it enable..start->settings->network and dialup connections.....or u can do one thing more start->settings->control panel->here u too find network and dial-up connection.........from here u can make ur LAN enable........second possiblility that there may be malfunctioning in ur LAN card....may be driver could be currupt..........

i tried to call our dsl tech support,they had me go in to control panel and go to network connections.Then they found out that my LAN is missing and gave me a number to call microsoft.They said that the problem is with my OS.

AOs Resident Troll
    You still havent answered any questions...

I dont know how anyone can trouble shoot this unless they know what OS you are running and what errors you receive

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

i tried to call our dsl tech support,they had me go in to control panel and go to network connections.Then they found out that my LAN is missing and gave me a number to call microsoft.They said that the problem is with my OS.
    They gave you a number to call Microsoft? Well call them then!

How do you mean your LAN is missing? have you misplaced your network?

Every post here is asking for more information from you and you havent supplied it, how do you expect people to help you, if you dont help them with the info they need?

Your profile says you used to be tech support for sbcglobal , sure your not passing on tech support questions that someone cant answer? - hence the lack of info you cant supply?

I was getting NETWORK CABLE UNPLUGGED before on the LAN icon.Then when the DSL tech support people had me reset the computer my LAN icon dissapeared.

Erm, if you can't connect to the internet, how are you posting this?
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

How did you get a job with sbcglobal tech support again??

How about in your next reply you explain what O/S you are using and explain the type of LAN you are on?? Like has been asked numerous times before?