Thread: Printer Help

Printer Help

Black ink tank life
    330 pages at 5% coverage¹
    1500 pages (Printing ISO/JIS-SCID N5)²
    What does it means by the "5% coverage" and "(Printing ISO/JIS-SCID N5)²" differs so much

Well, I think that the 5% means 5% ink on the paper. That would suggest some images as well as text.

The other value is an International Standards Organisation standard test document. It is text so you get a lot more pages.

You generally have an option to alter the quality of the print and possibly the dots per inch (resolution) this also affects cartridge life.

If you are printing a coloured image you should set the print to "greyscale" if you can, as that will also save ink (I am assuming you are printing in black and white).

Originally posted here by nihil
    Well, I think that the 5% means 5% ink on the paper. That would suggest some images as well as text.

The other value is an International Standards Organisation standard test document. It is text so you get a lot more pages.

You generally have an option to alter the quality of the print and possibly the dots per inch (resolution) this also affects cartridge life.

If you are printing a coloured image you should set the print to "greyscale" if you can, as that will also save ink (I am assuming you are printing in black and white).
    Hmm... Thanks alot again