Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big brother is watching...

Hey CIA, put down the confiscated dope your smokin, get in your little cars, and go do some real police work, your not going to find anything on IRC besides script kiddies. [/rant]
    hey now...im no script kiddie..im a regular ole newb ;-) No, i totaly agree with you. I think that things like this proggy have the right intentions in mind, but like many have mentioned above, theyre flawed. Flawed so much that its just not feasble that theyve got all of these suits logging the IRC chats and such.. Does anyone know if they can log nextels DC chat? Or any phones chatting? Again, im no terrorist, and let them log me if they get their kicks, but thats also interesting if they can. I guess its just a matter of .....

[unlikely reality]*knock knock* Hi *insert cell company here* were the FBI/CIA and were going to tap all of your customers phone lines....whats that? You dont want us to? Okay, you're out of business.....two weeks later company crashes in stock market...or all of its satelites explode......[/un-likely reality]

eh, i do think its about time we catch osama tho...Hes a 6'4" man on dialisys.....HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO SPOT HIM PEOPLE!!!!!

-z3

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO SPOT HIM PEOPLE!!!!!
    Lemme see now....

The FBI knew the county where the Atlanta Olympic Games bomber was hiding in North Carolina. In an area the size of a county it still took seven years to capture him....

Osama only has the world to hide in.....

Yeah, that should be real simple!!!!!!!
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Does anyone know if they can log nextels DC chat
    Depends..... If you are chatting in the local coverage area the the data never leave the transcoders. If you chat outside the coverage areas then you cross a boundary that has FBI taps becasue your voice/data is converted for transmission via SS7 between COs and PCM through COs.

The Osama dilema is a good guage to present science fiction versus the governments real ability to track someone.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Lemme see now....

The FBI knew the county where the Atlanta Olympic Games bomber was hiding in North Carolina. In an area the size of a county it still took seven years to capture him....

Osama only has the world to hide in.....

Yeah, that should be real simple!!!!!!!
    okay, i deserved that, but i guess the point i was trying to convey is this...

True, its not as easy as science fiction to just have the cia 'know' where you are when they want to find you. I guess i feel that instead of programs like carnivore or the program (i read the article, and i forgot if they named the damned thing lol) in the article getting used to log everyone who is dumb enough to use IRC or AIM to talk about their master plans, and instead of preventing future attacks by new terrorists, why isnt the government spending money to stop the major terrorists now? If i were an up and coming terrorist and i opened the front page paper/ irc and found out x, y, and z huge name terrorists were killed/arrested by some government (prolly the us....but who knows) i would certainly get the hell out of the game. Ofcourse, i dont exactally have a cause i feel worth dying for, so i could be biased. Does anyone know if the government is funding that? (as opposed to 'preventative measures' ....ie carnivore, proggy in article, etc)

-z3

(((small sidenote, its been 3 years, only 4 left to go tiger ;-) :-) )))

your not going to find anything on IRC besides script kiddies
    Yes, thats because half of the AO senior member population, also some ex-members, & other random members... they all usually come and go through the Unerror IRC server or some other random place on the web. So yeah, esspecially while posting here, your bound to find your fellow lame-ass.

Internationally famous hacker profiler, JP has ridiculed the FBI for incorrectly blaming Pimpshiz and The-Rev as being the Deceptive Duo. "Having applied my advanced ' hacker profiling techniques ' I was able to conclusively prove that the 'Dell Dude' and 'Dumb Bimbo' were in fact the Deceptive Duo. I have in fact photographic evidence. The attached picture shows the Deceptive Duo making their getaway following a recent ' drive by hacking ' of a commercial computer retailer establishment. I have not yet identified the older black gentleman that they were seen plotting with "
    " I am by no means a criminal psychologist, or a behavioral scientist. What I'm going to describe in this special report is based on over 6 years of studying the "underground", and from talking with well over 7,000 different hackers " crowed JP. " In order to help the law enforcement community do better 'hacker profiling' I am making available copies of my patented ' hacker profiling techniques ' online....continued...
    Yeah, I remember the-rev was cool. And swift dDoSing unerror was the greatist thing that site had going for itself. JP, what the hell, A black person involved in some "drive-by"? What kinda ****ing profiling would that be?

Several new plots have been stopped. People are being arrested. The latest and greatest was in England involving Al Queda. The media doesn't like to prop up those events. They might sway people into thinking Bush is doing a decent job, considering all factors.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Ninja Code Monkey
    How hard can it be to spot him? The russians were trying to do it for years before us and they couldn't do it either...
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

i have to say i'm more concerned about the money and time going into this project when there are so many flaws in such a surveillance system, as have been indicated - surely time would be better spent say providing homes for people? this kinda thing really frustrates me.
    The Owls Are Not What They Seem

Banned
    they're on to us... i'd better report this back to headquarters
    gahaha