Thread: Forget IE

Forget IE

Why not use what the actually creator of IE uses for he doesn't even use IE. And this is mainly for all of you out there complaining about all of the flaws in IE. The creator of IE use a browser call Maxthon. All it is though is a tweaked version of IE that has most of the flaws fixed. Gary Shares admitted to using Maxthon. Maxthon is based on the explorer engine, but has been highly tweaked apparently to remove many of the issues that explorer has. Never heard of it? Me either until reading the article where it was mentioned. You can head over to the http://www.maxthon.com/en/index.htm Maxthon's Website and check it out.
    Speak not: Whisper not: I know all that thee would tell,
    But to speak might break the spell, Which must bend the invincible, The stern of thought;
    He yet defies the deepest power of Hell.

Excellent point. IE as a browser sucks, but the IE rendering engine isn't a total waste.

For those that enjoy the IE engine but not the browser, I highly suggest the above browser or avant browser, similar to: http://www.avantbrowser.com/

edit: note that the browser mentioned above in parents post is the new MYIE2 browser. They've upgraded the software and slapped on a new name.

They include built in pop-ip blocking, Active X handling, javascript control, tabbed browsing, mouse gestures, etc etc etc. They are basically firefox+extensions but for the IE rendering engine. This means safer browsing while doing automagic updates and using websites that require ActiveX (the online antivirus scanner - housecall.antivirus.com)

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Two comments:

First, for those unaware, Maxthon was formerly MyIE2.

Second, where did the creator (who is the creator of IE) state that he uses MyIE2/Maxthon?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I vaguely recall that M$' chief of security indicated that he
    used Mozilla. That's the closest that I can remember

stealth settings :)

one unique feature in this browser is that multiple windows can be opened in the same window just like a subset (did i get it right in words!?)........ although the best feature still remains that if you press alt+` the browser will simply disappear and will even not appear in task manager applications however it does appear in processes...... press alt + ` and the browser is back with all the windows ..... can close a window by simply doubleclicking on the corresponding tab, doubleclick on the bar and you get a new window , no modifications of registry while installation..... and the interface is very light, one can feel it while working with it.....

please correct me if i'm wrong
    keep smilling

one unique feature in this browser is that multiple windows can be opened in the same window just like a subset
    Actually, IE is pretty much the only browser left without tabbed browsing. Mozilla, Netscape, Konqueror and Firefox are at least 4 others that I use with tabbed browsing.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    one unique feature in this browser is that multiple windows can be opened in the same window just like a subset (did i get it right in words!?)
    That would be the tabbed and group tabbed features first introduced in Mozilla/Firefox.

The stealth feature is interesting. I suppose if you don't want the boss to see your "nekkid" pr0n or job hunting (nekkid or otherwise), it would be a plus. Otherwise, I can't imagine a reason for it.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage