This is something I wrote without copying out of a book. I'm not a coder, I believe I've made that clear, but anyway, I think my program shows Slackware and Simplicity are good in coding.

I made this to test the chance that I might be able to make a checking tool that will go over and do a couple checks on my system, and so far:

SUCESS!

--------------------------------------
#!/usr/bin/perl

print

"Hi, a mail has been sent to user gore with an Nmap scan.\n";

system "nmap -sT 127.0.0.1 | mail gore";

----------------------------------------------

^ KISS

I'm using system rather than exec, because well I just learned about exec 10 minutes ago. Some of you may remember I bought a Perl book in the summer. Well I got to look at it for a whole day before school was back in and work, making it REALLY hard for me to learn it. So last night I picked the book back up and now I've been learning Perl for a total of 2 hours. That's including the hour and a half I did in the summer before school, and now a half hour last night.

I made it for proof of concept mainly, as in "Will it work if I do it?" And it does. This is the start of my next project. I can make it do an nmap scan and mail the results to me, so maybe next I'll make it use a password crack on my /etc/passwd file and see if I can make it scan my host and detect weak passwords. If I can keep adding to it maybe I'll have a simple check tool for use.