Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wardriving with GPS

I'm getting Microsoft Streets and Trips tomorrow or so.
    If at first you don\'t succeed, work for Microsoft.

Is there any that I do NOT have to pay for?
    No, because the information is not in the public domain. Over here the maps are government owned with a perpetual copyright. Companies that use the information have to pay royalty fees to them........same with our post code system...............I had to spend £15,000 (GBP) on the project I mentioned. Plus annual update fees

See if you can get a trial first so you know you are buying a solution that does what you want

You sometimes get trials of the upper levels on magazine cover CDs. These are free, but will sort of get you to the road/street/neighbourhood, rather than the fine detail.

nihil if im not too rude in asking, what sort of work line are you in, i mean u speak of electronic warfare. would this be as in military or civilian based?

No problems mate!

I was "in" then went onto civvy street..............then into civilian contractors/providers

So I am civilian based.............that is pretty common over here

Hope that explains......?

I heard that Microsoft Sreets and Trips would be a good program for me. Does it supply US and Canadian maps?

Yeah nihil that explains all, m just doing ew trainng, in right now. be interested to find out what sort of use civvies can use other than law enforcement

What do you mean proximity?