Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let this be a lesson.....

AO Ancient: Team Leader

Let this be a lesson.....

Source

Lesson 1: To those of you who believe that what you do on the internet is not tracable. It took one comment that "she was meeting somone off the internet" from her mother and the perpetrator was caught within 9 hours(?)

Lesson 2: When you "meet" someone on the internet you meet only some text.... You have none of the usual "body language" which we still use daily without understanding properly that gives us the "warning" signs.... Whenever you meet someone on the internet you _need_ to take appropriate subsequent precautions.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Yow! How very true, one never knows who's on the "other side". That is a very sobering story, one that makes me think about and review my current personal policies for online contact. Thanks for the info Tiger Shark.

wasnt their certain words you would put in an email like ¨america¨ and ¨terrorism¨ or something, email it o yourself and it would take like 3 times as long to reach if u didnt put them in.

At the same time.. I actually met my wife over the internet. Now married for 5 years and have a 3 1/2 year old and another on the way.

Just be carefull....dosent always mean something bad will happen :-)
    \"Common Sense, isn\'t that common\"
    \"It is a lot easier to raise a child then it is to repair an adult\"
    -Kruptos

Banned
    I met mine on AntiOnline, and I'm pretty sure we could be an example for other couples

Hey Hey,

I also originally met my GF online (we've been living together for over 6 months now)... We were from the same hometown and occasionally saw eachother at concerts and what not... but never talked. We talked online and on the phone... When she decided to come to school down here (I'd moved here the year before)... I said I'd show her around town.. We were already very close.. after that things just got a whole lot better.... or worse (depending on the time of the month )

Peace,
    HT

I've been hearing about this story since the day it happened... Local news is blaring the hell out of it, it's kinda getting old... Guess I'll just have to watch less than my 15 min. of TV every day :P...

But yeah, at any rate, be careful in general. People this sick will get you one way or the other, internet or no...
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

there are som every sick people living in this world. at least the baby is alive and seems well.
    More cowbell! We need more cowbell!
    http://www.geocities.com/secure_lockdown/
    - - -
    \"Is the firewall there to protect you from the outside world or is it there to protect the outside world from *YOU*?\"

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    Hey hey where give me a break here...... All you got gf and misses online...... Now what the hell i am doing here....... Can you help me getting one too
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    You will all, of course, notice that each of you that piped up saying you met your SO's online are all male..... Is there a pattern...

Actually a good friend of my sweetie and myself met her husband online but she came to me to ask how to organize the first meeting etc. because she is a smart lady... . Everything went fine, Dave is a cool guy, and they got married about 4 months ago.

But my original points still remain.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides