Thread: Standalone FTP Client

Banned

Standalone FTP Client

Title says it all... I'm looking for a standalone (no install necessary) Win32 FTP Client with a GUI... I've searched Google and nothing of interest other than psftp, but it is command line =\ ... any personal accounts would be appreciated.

- jag

Ummm, what about PuttY with SSH / SFTP? that needs no install.

Banned
    Original post:
    Title says it all... I'm looking for a standalone (no install necessary) Win32 FTP Client with a GUI... I've searched Google and nothing of interest other than psftp, but it is command line =\ ... any personal accounts would be appreciated.

- jag
    psftp = PuttY with SSH / SFTP

psftp doesn't have a GUI.

Shall we review?

Thanks for the effort atleast.

- jag

FileZilla can be "installed" to a location like a removable USB Key or Drive and then run from any machine. I do this regularly as I have it installed to my USB external HDD.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Banned
    Yeah, I've used FileZilla and looked but I was looking for more of just a single file rather than an install to an external media...

Interestingly enough, I found out winscp has a standalone exe and it is very functional for what I need... can be found here: http://winscp.sourceforge.net/eng/do....php#download2 if anyone is interested.

If you check www.i-tree.org there's also iXplorer -- a frontend for pscp (and psftp too if I'm not mistaken). Cool find tho, have to add that to my bookmarks.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult

This is only theory, but firefox is usb installeble so i guess you could install fireftp in the usb too.

that would make it stand alone i guess. If not well its still interesting.

http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#fireftp
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

Nah, it's no more portable than FileZilla (I know, I use FF on my USB Drive too), and still is a fairly large install package compared to the single-exe approach jag is looking for.
    Chris Shepherd