Thread: MSN Messenger Password Retrieval

MSN Messenger Password Retrieval

I have my MSN Messenger Password saved on my computer. However I dont know what the password is anymore. I was told there was an ecryption process involved when messenger stores your password. It was easy enough to look up the hex values and work out what they calculated to be, but because of the encryption the values obviously are not the same as the original password. I am in need of the password. Could someone tell me a way to calucate the hex values into the original password, or give me a listing of what all the values equal. Even if there is a free small app that can do it for me, that would be great if anyone has one or knows of one and/or it's location.

Can someone please point me in the right direction ?

Thanks.

kr8m3r_78

Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

translation:

"This guy at school/work/my friend who used my computer saved his password by mistake so now I want to crack it so I can log in to all his stuff when ever I want becasue Im a freaking moron"
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Doesnt have to be, i use different passwords for some of my AIM accounts and i too have forgotten one at time while it was saved.

And if a user has saved his/her password at school/work, then it deserves to be cracked, how stupid can people be.

xCAT - MSN Password Recovery lets you recover your MSN Messenger password that has been saved to auto-login to your MSN Messenger application. This program gets the MSN password (that has been encrypted) from the registry and decrypts the password. This new version recovers the password 100%. The password returned by version 1 was not always totally correct, this version (2) always returns the correct password. This program doesn't work with windows XP

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...y/1029834703/1
    O.G at A.O

nice tool, but why go to so much trouble protecting the program when it is freeware?

this program is packed with UPX (this got me wondering what it would do).
    also there are several checks in the program to see if there is a debugger present (if the program gets debugged).
    after removing the checks you are finally able to figure out how the program works.
    (i did just that since i didn't trust it.).

i'm still wondering why the original coder went to so much trouble protecting the executable... perhaps i have missed something.... i will check again...