Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pride, Purity, and Marriage is Bad

Pride, Purity, and Marriage is Bad

Now we are saying that marriage offends non-traditional families. SO WHAT!!!! When will our Schools Systems figure out that life is not fair, and you will be offended and dissappointed by people and their actions throughout your entire life. School is about learning and preparing children to succeed in life. Not about being entertaind and everyone holding hands. And now we are saying it is bad to have morals and to have pride in sexual purity. Grrrrr.

In this day and age we have groups coming into the schools and passing out condoms, and passing out information on how to have an abortion without your parents knowledge or consent, and that homosexuality is perfectly normal. Following that thought - everyone knows that Gays want to be allowed to marry, but you can't say marriage is good to the children in school because marriage is a religious institution.

Which way do you liberals want it????

Is Marriage Good or Bad???? Make up your dang minds!!!!!

This just sickens me.

als in Lansing, NY have halted an abstinence-based sex ed program because the focus on marriage was considered insensitive to kids from “non-traditional” families, reports the Ithaca Journal.

The Lansing Board of Education also has stopped using the Ithaca Pregnancy Center’s “I’m Worth Waiting For” program at its middle school because the group’s Christian affiliation was deemed innapropriate in a public school.

Apparently, what upset many parents was the way its message was wrapped around the pregnancy center's basic tenet of waiting for marriage.
    Full Story: http://www.theithacajournal.com/news...s/1768170.html
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

As a married "liberal" I can only speak for myself when I say that what I would like is for everyone to have the right of marriage if they so choose, and for Christian conservatives to stop telling the whole world they're the only ones that are right about what a marriage is meant to be. And (gasp, shock) I'd like to be the one advising my son on whether or not abstinence is right for him, instead of having it stuffed down his throat by the Christian conservatives. I'd also like to think I'm the one he'll come to when he needs condoms, instead of getting them from school, but then there's the difference...he has the freedom to talk to me about this kind of stuff, instead of facing hellfire and brimstone for a perfectly natural part of life like some kids have to do.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Banned
    I think it's about time schools here in America start focusing on what school is supposed to be about: science, languages, and maybe some art.

Don't teach kids politics... teach them how to read, teach them history, critical thinking, and how to research stuff.

Don't teach kids religion... teach them biology, chemistry, physics, how to read, and how to research stuff.

Don't teach kids about sex... teach them biology and chemistry.

Keep school about what school is supposed to be about, and you wouldn't have retarded sex-education programs in school, you wouldn't have retarded God-created-the-world-6000-years-ago stuff, you wouldn't have retarded don't-put-Santa-on-the-cake-you're-baking crap, you wouldn't have retarded let's-celebrate-gays-days...

Sex, religion and politics belong at home, not at schools.

I want my kids to think about sex, religion and politics the way WE "teach" them to think about it, not the way some school wants them to think about it. And by the time they're adults, school SHOULD have taught them the basic stuff needed to make up their own mind.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case in most umm... cases. Kids in this country are taught how to run before they can even walk. They're taught to not have sex (or become gay for that matter) before they even have a basic clue on "how it all works". They're taught about what a political party stands for without having a basic clue on how the political landscape is constructed.

They're taught how to write propagandist papers (left or right, it all doesn't matter) before they can put one single coherent sentence on paper – I’m taking two (online) university classes right now, and my conclusion is this:
    - Although being the only one with English not being his first language, I’m the only one who can spell (or use a spellchecker for that matter… all you have to do in those classes is hit the “Check spelling” button, but even that seems to be too hard for the other 49 students – 25 per class) – not talking about grammar here, although I’m darn sure I’m better at that, too.
    - I seem to be the only one seeing something wrong with “If it rains, the streets get wet. The streets are wet. Therefore, it rains”. It’s been pissing me off beyond belief, but 24 students in that class found that to be a completely reasonable syllogism. Can I kill myself now?

Nooooooo…. Let’s teach our kids about Giovanni and Cedric getting married, let’s teach them about God having created the world 6000 years ago (because it says so in the Bible – Yes, that Bible – Oh, it’s not the real one? Anyways!!!!), let’s teach them about not having sex until they’re 25, let’s teach them about “Christian values” (supposedly, that includes hating everyone who isn’t exactly like you in this country…. ), let’s teach them how exactly gay sex is conducted…

Cut the crap already… communists would be ashamed of the pathetic attempt the left in this country is delivering, and fascists would be the same way. Stop calling it left and right already. Stop calling them right-wingers (they’re Christian-based centers as far as I’m concerned), and stop calling them liberals (liberals are right of the center in any country other than the US). They’re all people standing up for their beliefs, and that’s fine… but keep it out of the schools. The Founding Fathers would be ashamed by all this crap, and all you can do is blame “the other side”.

Teach the kids some stuff that matters… reading (it may come as a surprise, but it actually helps if you know how to read a book)… writing (I know.. that’s hopeless in any country)… some sciences (at least SOME)… and most of all: teach them how to think.
    For themselves, yes.

I'd like to be the one advising my son on whether or not abstinence is right for him
    Isn't it up to him to decide if it's right for him? Instead of someone else (even his mom) pushing it down his throat?

Frankly I find this whole philosophy troubling. If it's up to each of us to determine what's right for us individually, who's to say that anybody is wrong in what conclusion they've reached in their search for "what works for them"? Under this philosophy no one should ever be forbidden from doing anything that they've determined is right for them - even murder, stealing, molestation, etc. That's anarchy, not liberty.

Personally, I don't like that schools teach morality at all - either as seen by the "christian right" or the "liberal left". That's the duty of parents, not teachers. Teachers should be teaching Math, Science, History, English, etc. They should be checking their opinions (agendas) at the door.

Originally posted here by Negative I think it's about time schools here in America start focusing on what school is supposed to be about: science, languages, and maybe some art.
    LOL, come on now, we need more than that! What about history? What about Computers? Both are a huge part of any learning process.

You know what needs to be told in school? Teach the little ****ers how to research on their own, I mean now that I don't appreciate the cash I get paid each semester for doing tests and homework for people, I mean seriously I charge 5 dollars per answer and I get it, which is cool, but DAMN is there some stupid ****s.

Don't teach kids politics... teach them how to read, teach them history, critical thinking, and how to research stuff.
    I can agree with some of this. Government should NOT be a required class.

Don't teach kids religion... teach them biology, chemistry, physics, how to read, and how to research stuff.
    This should be a choice. If people want to learn about it let them.

Don't teach kids about sex... teach them biology and chemistry.
    some of this could help. Maybe my town wouldn't have 12 year old girls that weren't virgins anymore. Sluts.

Keep school about what school is supposed to be aboutyou wouldn't have retarded God-created-the-world-6000-years-ago stuff, you wouldn't have retarded don't-put-Santa-on-the-cake-you're-baking crap, you wouldn't have retarded let's-celebrate-gays-days...

Are you saying you believe that big bang bullshit? This is what I hate about Science. Teach the little shits science but leave the bang out. If you want to teach science, keep it with machines, computers....And of course chopping animals open because I love watching tree huggers complain about it. Teach them how chemicals react even though that drops my entertainment down a level when some idiot learns Acid and Base just won't mix right.

I want my kids to think about sex, religion and politics the way WE "teach" them to think about it, not the way some school wants them to think about it.
    Make children, not sheep.

And by the time they're adults, school SHOULD have taught them the basic stuff needed to make up their own mind.
    I've never seen an American school teach anyone how to think for themselves. I was there not long ago, I remember how it was when you asked question the teacher couldn't answer, or made them look like an ass in front of the class, or thought about things yourself. They don't like it.

they're taught to not have sex (or become gay for that matter) before they even have a basic clue on "how it all works".
    Heh, I have to laugh at this one. If you can't figure out the pipe fits in the hole with the shutters you probably won't need to know anyway

They're taught about what a political party stands for without having a basic clue on how the political landscape is constructed.
    The word Libertarian never came up when I was in school. What about this? They only teach Republican VS Democrat bullshit.

They're taught how to write propagandist papers (left or right, it all doesn't matter) before they can put one single coherent sentence on paper – I’m taking two (online) university classes right now, and my conclusion is this:
    - Although being the only one with English not being his first language, I’m the only one who can spell (or use a spellchecker for that matter… all you have to do in those classes is hit the “Check spelling” button, but even that seems to be too hard for the other 49 students – 25 per class) – not talking about grammar here, although I’m darn sure I’m better at that, too.
    - I seem to be the only one seeing something wrong with “If it rains, the streets get wet. The streets are wet. Therefore, it rains”. It’s been pissing me off beyond belief, but 24 students in that class found that to be a completely reasonable syllogism. Can I kill myself now?
    If you do, at least send me that jacket. Right now Southeast Michigan has a Blizzard warning, it could keep me nice and cozy.

Nooooooo…. Let’s teach our kids about Giovanni and Cedric getting married, let’s teach them about God having created the world 6000 years ago (because it says so in the Bible – Yes, that Bible – Oh, it’s not the real one? Anyways!!!!), let’s teach them about not having sex until they’re 25, let’s teach them about “Christian values” (supposedly, that includes hating everyone who isn’t exactly like you in this country…. ), let’s teach them how exactly gay sex is conducted…
    God and what most people think of how to conduct everything with themselves is way off. The word gay and hate don't mean ****. I'm Christian, I don't hate gays, I don't hate a lot of people. God is love, not hate.

Cut the crap already… communists would be ashamed of the pathetic attempt the left in this country is delivering, and fascists would be the same way. Stop calling it left and right already. Stop calling them right-wingers (they’re Christian-based centers as far as I’m concerned),
    No they are not. Bush is about as Christian as Slayer's lyrics are. And they both glorify War.

and stop calling them liberals (liberals are right of the center in any country other than the US). They’re all people standing up for their beliefs, and that’s fine… but keep it out of the schools. The Founding Fathers would be ashamed by all this crap, and all you can do is blame “the other side”.
    The founding Fathers wouldn't have founded **** if they knew it would be like it is now. And the founding Fathers had no drug laws. go figure The declaration of independence was written on Hemp, and Thomas Jefferson, the most Punk Rock mofo ever, grew Opium.

Originally posted here by jonathans_daddy
    Isn't it up to him to decide if it's right for him? Instead of someone else (even his mom) pushing it down his throat?

Generally yes. But I'll be swimming in my own piss before I ever explain to my kid what a Dirty Sanchez is.

Frankly I find this whole philosophy troubling. If it's up to each of us to determine what's right for us individually, who's to say that anybody is wrong in what conclusion they've reached in their search for "what works for them"? Under this philosophy no one should ever be forbidden from doing anything that they've determined is right for them - even murder, stealing, molestation, etc. That's anarchy, not liberty.
    Uhhhh no. Anarchy, which is actually called AARCHY, means no Government. What people seem to **** up is that they assume it as a FORM of Government with no laws. When you turn it into a form of Gorvernment, you kill the idea in the first place.

For the "anarchists".... Get over it, it won't work, ever. People are to ****ing stupid to think for themselves.

They should be checking their opinions (agendas) at the door.
    Don't forget emotions. Those aren't allowed either.

Banned
    LOL, come on now, we need more than that! What about history? What about Computers? Both are a huge part of any learning process.
    As you found out in your next quote of my post (and to which you responded “I can agree with some of this”), I said “teach them history” ( in the very next paragraph you’re quoting).
    And I don’t know, but wouldn’t “computers” be categorized under science?

You know what needs to be told in school? Teach the little ****ers how to research on their own, I mean now that I don't appreciate the cash I get paid each semester for doing tests and homework for people, I mean seriously I charge 5 dollars per answer and I get it, which is cool, but DAMN is there some stupid ****s.
    Which is exactly what I said some quotes down. It almost looks to me like you used some spellchecker to check your post…. Too bad it didn’t catch “now” where you meant “not”… that’s not what spellcheckers do…. Don’t rip off your “customers”, Gore…
    I can agree with some of this. Government should NOT be a required class.
    Danke Schon (lack of accents == lack of keys on my keyboard).
    This should be a choice. If people want to learn about it let them.
    My entire point is that people can learn about it all they want… but please let them learn about it at home….

Keep school about what school is supposed to be aboutyou wouldn't have retarded God-created-the-world-6000-years-ago stuff, you wouldn't have retarded don't-put-Santa-on-the-cake-you're-baking crap, you wouldn't have retarded let's-celebrate-gays-days...
    Can I keep this one handy as master evidence or something? You managed to **** up my quote. There’s a space between about and you in my original quote, and somehow with your leet text editors you get rid of that… and you manage to sneak a spelling error in my quote! Nice one!

Make children, not sheep.
    That’s all what it’s about, Gore… You’ll teach your children how to be fake punkers on drugs, and they’ll be your sheep…

I've never seen an American school teach anyone how to think for themselves. I was there not long ago, I remember how it was when you asked question the teacher couldn't answer, or made them look like an ass in front of the class, or thought about things yourself. They don't like it.
    Thank you!

[The word Libertarian never came up when I was in school. What about this? They only teach Republican VS Democrat bullshit.
    Exactly. But obviously they don’t teach the meaning of “libertat” – liberal or libertarian.

If you do, at least send me that jacket. Right now Southeast Michigan has a Blizzard warning, it could keep me nice and cozy.
    There’s 2 inches of snow right here… I prefer to stay inside to solve the cold-problem.

Get a clue.

Originally posted here by Negative

Which is exactly what I said some quotes down. It almost looks to me like you used some spellchecker to check your post…. Too bad it didn’t catch “now” where you meant “not”… that’s not what spellcheckers do…. Don’t rip off your “customers”, Gore…

I don't use a "Spell Checker" if I can't spell it I don't care if someone knows I can't.

Danke Schon (lack of accents == lack of keys on my keyboard).
    Du welcome for Alle Toggen.

Can I keep this one handy as master evidence or something? You managed to **** up my quote. There’s a space between about and you in my original quote, and somehow with your leet text editors you get rid of that… and you manage to sneak a spelling error in my quote! Nice one!
    .... I don't use a "text editor" for replies. I click on "quote" for whoever I'm going to talk to / about and let Firefox do the rest as I type.... Unless you count Firefox and this applet a text editor, then I didn't use one for any of this and never do unless I write tutorials.

That’s all what it’s about, Gore… You’ll teach your children how to be fake punkers on drugs, and they’ll be your sheep…

Fake??

Get a clue.

I’m taking two (online) university classes right now
    but even that seems to be too hard for the other 49 students – 25 per class
    So, are we to take that as you're one of the dumbshits in one of the classes? Otherwise it would be "the other 48 students". :-)

Banned
    Can I blame beer?