Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pride, Purity, and Marriage is Bad

Originally posted here by jonathans_daddy
    Isn't it up to him to decide if it's right for him? Instead of someone else (even his mom) pushing it down his throat?

Okay, I'll give you that one. Late night, sleeping pills, wrong choice of word. Discussing would have been a better choice. I don't think that abstinence is the answer. I really disagree w/ the idea that someone should be married before they have sex, for several reasons. However, I also think that the urge to have sex is with us (male and female) before the maturity level to deal with it is there. I'd like to feel that my son and I would be close enough to talk about it before he makes that choice on his own. At this point, we are. However, he's also only 9. But nothing is off limits. If he wants to talk to me about something, we talk about it, however uncomfortable it may be to me, because I want that line of communication to always be open. However, that being said:

But I'll be swimming in my own piss before I ever explain to my kid what a Dirty Sanchez is.
    I agree. That's what the internet is for. That's where I found out what a Dirty Sanchez is, and it's going to have to be where he find out too!
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

want my kids to think about sex, religion and politics the way WE "teach" them to think about it, not the way some school wants them to think about it. And by the time they're adults, school SHOULD have taught them the basic stuff needed to make up their own mind.
    I still think you are a closet republican.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

that drops my entertainment down a level when some idiot learns Acid and Base just won't mix right.
    They could always try pool chlorine crystals and Girling brake fluid? (DO NOT DO THAT!!!!!!)

But I'll be swimming in my own piss before I ever explain to my kid what a Dirty Sanchez is.
    I don't think that I want to know.............. ...........I am only 54, way too young?

I still think you are a closet republican.
    Ouch!, that was a bit below the belt?............accusing a fellow member of .....errr...errr...errrr....politiks?

********** |ceWriterguy
    OH for the days of drano, tinfoil strips, garbage bags, and toilet paper fuses... I so miss household chemistry.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Remington large pistol primers and a "green sausage" (that's C4 Gore old chap )

I like home chemistry as well

The thunderflash is also not to be ignored ( a very large military firework, to those who do not know)

Originally posted here by Negative
    I think it's about time schools here in America start focusing on what school is supposed to be about: science, languages, and maybe some art.
    LOL...Hey, my kid knows his periodic tables, can speak Dutch and can also interpret post modern crap. Someone give him a job!
    Confirmed Kill....Back and ready to argue!

Originally posted here by Negative
    Can I blame beer?
    Alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of Life's problems. -Homer Simpson

Cheers,
    -D
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

Sorry to ressurrect an old thread, but I just came across this picture of a "dirty sanchez"
    http://carcino.gen.nz/images/index.p...9a680/7dbfaba0

:-)

Custom User
    I'm sure debwalin's big enough to defend herself, but I wouldn't have described "advising" (as in her original post) as "pushing it down his throat". I can't see anything wrong with advice with something like that. The idea of advice is to help give someone knowledge that they do not already possess in order to aid a decision. I reckon that's what was meant.

ac