Thread: My Internet Is All Messed Up!!! Help!!

My Internet Is All Messed Up!!! Help!!

Hey guys, all the sudden when I click on Internet Explorer, my page pops up as :

You have tried to access a page that you are not authorized to display and were stopped by the SAS Proxy. First check if the URL you entered was actually the exact one you intended to use. If the URL is correct and this error reoccurs, then please call Customer Care. Give them the URL that you are not authorized to access as well as the page sequence you followed to get to this point. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

What does this mean? I even did a system restore to 5 days ago before all this happend, I tried resetting all my internet Options.. But nothing.

I am hooked up through Comcast Broadband Internet and I have no idea what to do..

CAN SOMEONE HELP

Tanks a bunch!!
    M ! D G e T

Comcast is not accepting your MAC address as the one that is accociatted with your current account.

Either you used that computer in the past with anouther account, or Comcast thinks you did.

You have 2 choices.
    1. Run your CD you got from Comcast and reset your account.
    2. Call Comcast and have them redo the account settings they have stored.

You will probably have to do option #2 before it will let you access the net.

[edit] or use anothe PC that would have a different MAC than the one you are currently using
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Hmm.. I'll give that a try and see if that works! Thanks for helping
    M ! D G e T

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Re: My Internet Is All Messed Up!!! Help!!

Originally posted here by M!DGeT
    Hey guys, all the sudden when I click on Internet Explorer, my page pops up as :

You have tried to access a page that you are not authorized to display and were stopped by the SAS Proxy. First check if the URL you entered was actually the exact one you intended to use. If the URL is correct and this error reoccurs, then please call Customer Care. Give them the URL that you are not authorized to access as well as the page sequence you followed to get to this point. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

What does this mean? I even did a system restore to 5 days ago before all this happend, I tried resetting all my internet Options.. But nothing.

I am hooked up through Comcast Broadband Internet and I have no idea what to do..

CAN SOMEONE HELP

Tanks a bunch!!

Why are you even going through a proxy to access the internet at all? Does your entire ISP go through one? If not, I suggest to simply disable the proxy setting in Internet Explorer. Tools>InternetOptions>Connections>LanSettings> The proxy toggle should be in there. Kill that and see what happens. Also.. can you hit anyother services on the web, like AIM or yahoo instant messanger?

PS> There are two places I have found that there are places for proxy settings. One where mentioned before, and another in the actual connection properties, depending on your windows version.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

What is your OS and what version is your IE?

Found this on the MS website, might explain further...

SYMPTOMS
    When you try to visit a Web site, you may receive the following error message:
    You have tried to access a page that you are not authorized to display and were stopped by the SAS Proxy.
    CAUSE
    This problem may occur if Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 is set to use a proxy server, but a proxy server is not required for the current Internet connection.
    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Network and Internet Connections.
    2. Under or pick a Control Panel icon, click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab, click LAN Settings, and then clear the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
    STATUS
    Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Internet Explorer 6.

BTW, APPLIES TO
    • Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, when used with:
    Microsoft Windows XP Standard Edition

YO!
    \"Life without FREEDOM is no life at all\". - William Wallace
    MyhomE MyboX StealtH (loop n. see loop.)
    http://www.geocities.com/sebeneleben/SOTBMulti.gif

Do I need to check the little box that says bypass the blah blah blah under the Lan settings option??? Or do I need to type in an address or port number?? I confused.. HELP ME PLEASE!!!
    M ! D G e T

Wink Maybe you should try another browser

Midget,

I guess to isolate the problem, try using an alternative browser aside from IE, you could start with firefox (http://www.firefox.com) or opera (http://www.opera.com).

In the case of IE, your provider (COMCAST) don't require a proxy server settings, then uncheck "Use a proxy..." , then "bypass..." checkbox will be disabled.

THIS IS ALL I'VE FOUND IN THE COMCAST WEBSITE: http://www.comcast.com/Support/Corp1...tail_2444.html

Looking deeper at your problem, what moxnix mentioned about the issues of MAC of your device may be of particular importance in your machine. You have to contact your provider then.

YO!
    \"Life without FREEDOM is no life at all\". - William Wallace
    MyhomE MyboX StealtH (loop n. see loop.)
    http://www.geocities.com/sebeneleben/SOTBMulti.gif