Thread: Site Subscriptions - Clearing ...

Site Subscriptions - Clearing ...

I have rather a large number of threads that i'm subscribed to.
    I have started to perform some housekeping on them and found something that bugs the proverbial otta me! When I unsubscribe by selecting the appropriate link, I get an unsubscribed message and then returned to the home page- aarrrggghhh! I want to unsubscribe some more threads, so wouldn't it be better to return to the subscriptions page and for it to remember the settings, i.e. how many days were displayed?

Thanks.
    Tomorrow is another day for yesterdays work!

It's actually worse ...

When I un-subscribe from a thread the following happens:

1) I get the you are now unsubscribed from this thread message.

2) I get sent back to the home page - shouldn't this return to the subscription page?

Then to un-subscribe another thread I have to:

1) Go to the un-subscribe page.

2) Reselect the number of days to display.

3) Click the unsubscribe link on the next thread I wish to un-subscribe from.

With many subscribed threads, this makes housekeeping very time consuming! It would be better to be returned to the un-subscribe from thread page (with the same number of days displayed selected). This would shorten the procedure.

An improvement would be selection boxes on each thread and a button at the bottom (or somewhere) to un-subscribe all selections.

Anyone else find this annoying?

Should this be in the Site Suggestions forum?

Simon,

What I did was to go to the "edit site options" and then "Use 'Email Notification' by default?" set that to "no".

Then you have to manually subscribe to a thread, but at least you can select ones that you are particularly interested in.

Cheers

Thank you Nihil ...

That is indeed a most helpful suggestion!

I was thinking along those lines, however, I couldn't locate the specific site option. Duh! I see the logical link now! lol

The only problem now is my memory - I will need to remember to subscribe to the threads I'm interested in! lol

Thanks again!

I still wonder if this improvement might be implemented though. Perhaps wrong forum? It does bug me though!