Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unknown user account

touching on the admin account... like zencoder mentioned, do NOT delete the admin account... what you can do however is rename it. on all my systems, i open up the properties on the admin account, and 'cut' out the description. i then set a complex password (8-16 characters combine alpha-numerics and special characters). then i rename the entire account.

after that, create an account called 'administrator', pasting in the original description, and DISABLE this account. a quick and easy way to make your box just a bit more secure.

run the cmdprompt as admin and do:

C:\net user username /delete
    Industry Kills Music.

Greeting's

I already tried the "net user <username> delete" command but in vain. It does show that the command was completed successfully but the account shows up again when i type "net user".
    My brother was playing around with the computer and he did the same with the admin account and 2 diffrent account and they are now deleted. I still have one account with administrator privilages
    As of now I have denied access to drive with systemroot to that weired account.
    Now i cannot logon to default admin account. Anyway to get that back? also when i try to creat a new account with administratoras log-in name it doesn't allow me to do so saying such account is already present. any ideas?
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

any domains you are loggin on ?
    however

cacls "c:\" /T /E /C /P your_user:F

or... NOT recommended:
    cacls "c:\" /T /E /C /P everyone:F

hf
    Industry Kills Music.