View Poll Results: Will we ever see Quantum computing in our lifetime?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! I know guys who knows a guys who can get one.

1 100.00%
  • NO! We will all be dust balls when quantum computers become a household gadget.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst Hacker movie ?

********** |ceWriterguy
    Aye, WarGames was. One of my old favorites.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Originally posted here by CXGJarrod
    Wasnt Wargames the first hacker movie?
    Yeh !...That's the one with what's-his-name!!

Originally posted here by Winston
    Ok... so hackers was not the most accurate movie. Anyone remember Jurassic Park... This is Unix?

I liked hackers.
    Hackers was a great movie. People who race cars stilll ike Fast and furious, even though that little ****ing car could never touch the Big Black monster at the end but in the movie it stayed up with it. Doesn't mean we can't like Hackers just because they all used Macs in some strange wonderland where Mainframes are controled by a magician and a guy who calls himself the plague.

Jurassic Park:

That WAS Unix winston, SGI I believe released that. It does exist and it's free too download and use.

Swordfish was the ****! Those cops got blown up and the car did a back flip!

Wargames was not the first Hacker movie Lots of movies have Social Engineering in them. Joshua..... Like you make that a backdoor on a machine for gov use.

Gore.... you're telling me that GUI exists?

From SGI?

I would not think that any movie about hackers where really meant to be seen and judged by hackers and the likes so it's not so strange that you wouldn't like it from the aspect of hacking per se.. I remember that I barely could stop laughing when I saw the graphic stunts they pulled of for hacking in Hackers but that doesn't make it a bad movie.

I'm fairly sure it is SGI. Someone brought it up last time we talked about this.

Hmmm.... Thanks for the info... This demands some investigation. Off to google I suppose.

It was within the last year when this was being discussed and someone brought up the tool does in fact exist.... Damn nwo you got me wondering what it is too. It's on the web site though and you can download it free, and if it is SGI I'm supposing Irix is what it was made for.

If you find it make sure to reply so others can see. And I can quit wondering. I'm going to search AO and see if I can grep it.

well, I know they are all unrealistic, and I guess I did forget a couple. I was just askin which one was the corniest representation. Some <i>are</i> fun movies, but they are still pretty retarded. Remember in hakers, they put on the virtual reality helmet and fly around the internet or whatever ? C'mon. That was retarded. It was dumb, but, yeah, I guess some of them are fun movies to watch.
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool - Good Ole Bill Shakespeare