Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth Enabled Mobile Phones Security and Beyond

Bluetooth Enabled Mobile Phones Security and Beyond

http://trifinite.org/Downloads/21c3_...th_Hacking.pdf

Details of the attacks were disclosed at the Chaos Computer Club's annual congress in Berlin - 21C3 It was felt, as the industry had been given a full 13 months to react to the original threat discovery, and responsible manufacturers had engineered and released firmware upgrades, that the time had come for full disclosure. This became increasingly urgent as it was clear that the techniques used were becoming relatively widely known within the security community, and it could therefore be assumed that the same was true for criminal and/or malicious users.
    I didnt know where to paste, because i didnt write the article. The article talks about Bluesnarfing, HeloMoto, BlueBug and many other attacks.

Great article to start 2005 with.
    http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...88x31/take.gif
    If You\'ve Done Something Right. People Wont Know You\'ve Done Anything At All - God (futurama)

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    This is a place for AntiOnline users to post original tutorials that they've written about a variety of subjects.
    http://www.antionline.com/announceme...?s=&forumid=59
    ?? Come one, man! Read the 'read mes' before you post something. This should be posted somewhere else but not here. Besides that ......

kurt

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    Keep them...this is not a site for that stuff. Anyway, if people are interested they can google them!

Well, ok then.

Im going to stick up for myself on this matter. I believe that the members of AO come here to learn more, how to secure and other methods of hacking (not malicious but tradional hacking making something do soemthing more / whats its not supposed to do).

I read almost every article i come across, its what i do. And i know its what other do, as far as i know there hasnt been an article similar to this, or covering such a range about bluetooth.

Anywayz, thats my 2 cents worth
    http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...88x31/take.gif
    If You\'ve Done Something Right. People Wont Know You\'ve Done Anything At All - God (futurama)

I'm rather new to AO, but far from new to security or IT related forums and I must say, I don't see much of an issue with a user posting an article such as this. It has detailed information on Bluetooth, which is a wireless technology, it's security related and it's posted in the right forum as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather see these type of posts as opposed to wasteful spam or questions that have been asked time and time again.

As for the argument that people who are interested can google it, well, people who aren’t interested can decide not to click the thread, it's very easily identifiable as a thread for discussion of Bluetooth wireless security.

The only problem I see with the original post is that it should have posed some questions or more than one article, these are discussion forums, and just posting links like some other site like fark isn’t really discussion to the extent that I'd like to see.

But this is just my opinion; please take it with a grain of salt.

damn people this is a hacking site or more for that matter a site for protection against hacking, anyhow it should be listed. why do you stop people from posting this information could be useful to people who are actually having their phones hacked and could stop their phones being breached in this manner,

I'm interested! Did you know, Trifinite released an app, Blooover, last year, proof of concept that bt equipped phones were vulnerable to attacks including data snarfing and remote control. Manufacturers released a sw patch. Now BloooverII is out, able to target many more models of phone. http://trifinite.org./trifinite_downloads.html
    PUNK\'S NOT DEAD!!

Personally... This is the place to post this type of info....
    If you cannot have a way to pass this info around about
    security issues including wireless.... where would you talk about it.
    Remember if you do not understand the security concerns if any
    wireless, Bluetooth, 802.11 and other types that may come down the road,
    you will get burned if someone hacks either your stuff or
    a customers system...
    There are to many kids out there with way to much time on ther hands
    and that is where I feel you will get attacked.

Now lets talk about the liability if you do not protect
    your info or a customer gets hack via a poor policy
    on a wireless network.....

There is way to many lawyers out there that love to sue
    you if you allow a security breech either wireless
    or hard wire if they figure thay can get a buck out of you
    either personally or via your liaibility insurance, if you have it.
    Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle

where to post wireless security information

mmmmm

So the wireless security forum is not the place to post information concerning wireless security then apparenlty, mmm ? Interesting.

Why is everyone so anal here, so they are a newbie, so what.

C'mo guys, this site is all about sharing security realted information.

Quit whining about read me's, faq's etc and just enjojy thr sharing of information

Is they or another user posts questions such as how do i crack my bosses password, then fair enough, but just the sahring of information, cmon

I personally read all i can aswell about every IT subject i can, i dont post here oftne i just use this site for gathering information.

To all you out there who share, please keep doing so whether you are new ot this site or not.
    Our destiny is to endure all hardships that we encounter along the path to what we perceive to be true and worthwhile !

The Head foundation
    Please give generously

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    damn people this is a hacking site or more for that matter a site for protection against hacking
    more of the latter, less of the former

why do you stop people from posting this information could be useful to people who are actually having their phones hacked and could stop their phones being breached in this manner
    I don't believe that we DO stop posts of 'this nature' it's just a question of posting to the correct forum, the correct use of AO and basic Nettiquete .........

but I think that you are right to point out what may appear to be anomolys
    and remember, there are a lOT of the membership who are actively involved in security, and as such, this type of thing brings on the dyspepsia
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone