Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Scam? I'm puzzled by this one...

sound like time for a fone call to the co.. You do need a Purchase order Number, to supply the goods. this is for legitimate goods tracking.. only one of the 30 or so suppliers we have will supply me any goods if I don't supply a Purchase order number...and this co is bloody small and all orders are COD. and you will need to contact the co to confirm the order number.. if itis a legit order from a legit co.. it will be a legit purchase order number.. oh and get names of the people you talk to..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

SPAM

For the biggest collection of "playing with scammers" go to:

http://www.419eater.com/

END OF SPAM
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Banned
    This isn't just spam anymore... I have someone trying to use a California VISA to have goods shipped (for almost $10,000) to a company in Orlando, Florida... The company claims to not have placed such an order...

I discussed this with Tiger (on the phone... he's got a nice British accent ), and I've called the FBI with all the details... I'll leave it up to them...

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I've called the FBI
    Good man.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

This is great site! However, I can't believe these scams still go on, especially since the scammers are being flushed out and published with pictures!

Originally posted here by the_JinX
    SPAM

For the biggest collection of "playing with scammers" go to:

http://www.419eater.com/

END OF SPAM
    BTW - This whole thread has the makings for a movie! Well at least a story on the Daily Show. The scary thing is the coordination you all were able to make through the board to flesh out these characters and take action - amazing!

Negative - I ask because I don't know (wet behind the ears I am!) - but do you even run a hardware shop?

KuiXing-2005.
    \"An ant may well destroy a whole dam.\" - Chinese Proverb
    \"Not only can water float a craft, it can sink it also.\" - Chinese Proverb

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=764

Banned
    I run a computer repair business. I hardly keep any stock - definitely not 100 hard disks
    Since I own a business, I can get those hard disks at wholesale prices (I could probably get them for around $60 a piece... haven't even checked yet ). The thing is that the ship-to-address is a business as well... they could get the same wholesale prices if they wanted to - no need to go through a retailer.

The whole problem here, if I might interject, is that someone as yet unknown chose the wrong person to try to do business with in the wrong way.... But they might never know that because they probably didn't do any "homework".

Neg is not only a smart guy but he has resources that are incredibly suspicious resources.

Neg and I talked on the phone this morning and we agreed there were two courses of action. I utterly applaud his choice while understanding that his initial reticence was justified.

Neg: I _really_ am proud of you... I did not want you to feel any pressure to take the more "risky" option available and I left it up to you.... When our conversation was over I really felt that you would take the route of less "risk". But you didn't.......

Ladies and Gentlemen: I'm here to tell you that Neg is a _really_ "stand up" guy.... and I _really_ do believe that.....

Mel: He's a keeper.... (in case you didn't know.... ... and he has a really nice Belgian accent
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Hey Neg,

Thought I'd tag this on. At another forum I'm on (Bicycling Discussions) one of the user's had run into a potential scammer and wanted advice on how to deal with it. The last person in the thread posted this (I figured this might be an idea for future usage):

Had something similar happen to me once. They wanted my bank account number and such. I played desperate, saying how Jesus must have sent them to me because I needed the money real bad because I had just lost a job and it was my kid's birthday and I'd been drinking too much lately. I gave them my phone number and said please call me today, please. The phone number was to the Chicago division of the FBI.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Damn.... and I thought I was pretty evil....