Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unknown user account

Unknown user account

Greeting's

I have a windows XP home edition with SP2 and all other updates.
    Today while i was checking all user account's I found two unknown user account's (I used net user command)

one is KAd7zBUZTiQ2Ot
    and second one is SUPPORT_388945a0.

I have disabled remote help. I had never created any account with that as login name.

Any idea why those account's showed up there ?

I have the support one too. All the same numbers, letters and I just installed XP.
    -n6

The support one should be disabled by default, it is used when you are part of an active directory domain. It is used to control access to signed scripts.

These scripts can be programmed to use the Support_388945a0 account credentials instead of the users credentials to perform specific administrative operations on the local computer that otherwise would not be supported by the ordinary users account.
    http://www.toggit.com/290/290kguide6.asp

the KAd7zBUZTiQ2Ot one I have no idea and a google turned up nothing either.
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool - Good Ole Bill Shakespeare

I have the support account as well, I think the other account is the administrator account created when you first load XP. It will vary with your product key or whatever.

Cheers

Greeting's

I tried loggin on using both the account's as the username but without any password, both failed.
    Anyway does anyone know how to delete both the account's
    Also is there a way to delete the default administrator account. i have one another admin account

Dead Man Walking
    The support one should be disabled by default, it is used when you are part of an active directory domain. It is used to control access to signed scripts.
    One problem with that. XP home is not able to be part of a domain so why would it have domain related accounts?

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Because it is based on the same code set as XP Pro. They make some minor changes, and slap the name HOME on it.

#1 - don't delete the built in Administrator account. You're asking for trouble if you do.
    #2 - don't delete the support account either, just disable it.
    #3 - delete that funky user account with the MMC, it's about the easiest way. Right click My Computer -> Manage. In the Computer Management window that opens, expand the tree object (press the +) for Local Users and Groups. Select Users, and the right panel should populate with all users. Simply right click and delete it from there.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Greeting's

Thank you all for your replies. I tried what zencoder said but in my Computer Management window i don't see Local User's and Group's (Are you sure that's there in windows XP home edition). any other way to delete the account ?
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Regal Making Handler
    In control pannel>users..............Delete account
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

ByTeWrangler,
    It is bloody bad form to delete a thread that you have asked for help, and have recieved replies..

bloody idiot
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr