Thread: proxy server....

proxy server....

hi geeks...
    i am connected to internet using a proxy server in my colledge on port 808..
    well i wanna know wat proxy server they are using squid or wingate..
    well i know that default port for squid is 8080..
    n the ports that are normally open are 1080, socks server
    6667 ,n 8080 telnet proxy..
    bt i dont know they are using some sortof transparent proxy or something ...
    i tried ping n telnet on these ports..
    bt its not working out..by default i can connect on thm without using any authentication..
    soo guyz help me out..
    ashtified
    [blur]hell was fulll... so i m back [/blur]

I think the most productive thing you could do is stop worrying about the school network and start putting some extra time into your remedial english class. You might also want to consider going home and bitch slapping both of your parents for sending you to college in the first place. Its obvious that your not there on a scholarship.

I think the most productive thing you could do is stop worrying about the school network and start putting some extra time into your remedial english class.
    So, you are just going to assume that English is his first or even second language? Badgering others because of a lack of communication ability does not solve his problem, nor help you understand what he is trying to say. If you do understand what he is trying to say, then who cares if it isn't spelled prpoerly?
    \"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.\"
    - Charles Darwin

I just think that a college student should be able to spell college. In my experience those that speak english as a second language write much better than that. As for helping him identify the proxy server he might try capturing some of the traffic and checking the packet headers, but im not positive that would work.

--lus3rx