all users disabled !

someone, was smart enough to block all his users in win xp
    and is asking me for help...
    i have no clue

can i run as system?

any trick....any thing i should try

i just don't wanna format!
    and i think this can be useful for future

Try accessing the hidden admin account from safe mode. Assuming this is XP home - don't know off the top of my head if it applies to XP Pro.

Gluck.

********** |ceWriterguy
    If (on the unGodly chance) the hidden Admin account is disabled, you're talking a walking nightmare to fix the accounts, but it can be done by editing the sam file - the solution is posted somewhere on this site. You can find it by searching out 'sam'. I didn't search it for you or post the link because I'm suggesting the other alternative: Reinstall Windows. I make this recommendation because a reinstall cures a plethorae of problems, including whatever it was that caused these accounts to go invalid in the first place - unless it was (l)user error...

Luck to you!
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

I do not understand how all users can be disabled atleast the account (the one used to disable all accounts has to be active) this is in case of both windows xp home/pro edition.

Default administrator account can never be deleted and can only be renamed.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Skiddie Translator says:

I dont know the passwords for the accounts on this machine, is there anyway I can get access to it without permission.

/translator

think about it. How could someone accidently disable EVERY account. you cant disable an account you or anyone else is logged into. And you cant disable the default admin account. so there is atleast 1 open account somewhere. Im not saying it impossible, but if you knew how to do this you would certainly know how to fix it.

maybe I am too paranoid. *shrug*
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Greeting's

exactly there is no way anyone can disable all the account including the Default Administrator account. Even if you delete the sam the default administrator account stays.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Believe in yourself.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Actually you can disable the Admin accounts based on this Article here. I've been trying to find if there is something in the registry that could be reversed but haven't found anything. At worse apparently this might work (YMMV):

Source

Boot up the PC
    Press F8
    Select Safe Mode
    In welcome screen press twice CRT+ALT+DEL (only needed if welcome screen is ON, if not then you already are in old 2k login mode).
    Put in login: Administrator (depending in language version of XP)
    Put the Passwrd (usually is blank by default and if you didnt change it)
    Bumm you are in...
    Then inside computer manegement put Administrator as enable.
    Restart
    I suspect this is an XP Home only solution (you didn't indicate whether it was Pro or Home).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Using "net delete" command in windows xp (I have tried on home edition, I am not sure if there are any negative efffects on the system) but that works. Only thing i am trying to say is how can all the accounts be deleted at the same time
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Believe in yourself.

like i said, if you can figure out how to do this then you should be able to undo it. and Im not even too sure this will work, Im going to test it when I get t my winxp box.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

********** |ceWriterguy
    Got an easier method here MsMittens:

Delete, rename, or move the sam file. Oops. There go All the accounts (including the hidden admin ByteWrangler.). (l)user error is a definite possiblity when the (l)user in question thinks he knows a bit about computers... After reviewing some of beee's earlier posts from his profile, I strongly suspect he's that kind of (l)user...
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!