Thread: Windows XP Windows Update.... New tool?

Windows XP Windows Update.... New tool?

I was playing Doom a little while ago and started checking for updates for my XP partition and I see this tool saying it goes and checks for Sasser and Blaster and other lovely fast working programs and then deletes itself.

I can't find much good info on this and you know Microsoft, the only thing listed is how it will check and then delete. Anyone get any problems with it before I use it?

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool ??

It has been discussed before.

I have had no problems, using it both through Automatic updates and downloading it and running it manually.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

Hi Gore,

Just ran it on a Win2K SP4 box, and I am still here

It seems to be something along the lines of McAfee's "Stinger" in that it targets specific malware that is currently doing the rounds?

Cheers

OK cool, I have Anti Virus and a firewall installed so I don't think I'd really need it but may do it anyway just to play with it when I have time.

Heh I don't have SP2 installed as of right now, it's my laptop, it's never been much online without having two hardware firewalls in front anyway.

\"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn